Scroll to see replies

Original post by harlz_chalamet
HAHAHA DW SAME LMFAO
thanks dude! you too :smile:
bro choosing computer science itself would have killed me 😭
ohhh yes i've heard of anime haha, not the biggest fan myself but yess
YOU KNOW WHO COLLEEN HOOVER IS OMGGGG SHE'S MY FAVOURITE AUTHOR
this is so fun bonding with youuuu
i've read: it ends with us, ugly love, november 9th by her and i can't wait for 'it starts with us' AHHHH

Thankyou for sharing
Seeing as you decided to make a thread on a Student Forum, and therefore investing time into yourself. You will do very well :smile:
Original post by yemisi.ogun
hey babe, don’t worry about replying late lol🥲🥲 i have absolutely been there before and i know you’ve probably been really busy, so no need to apologise <3

ABOUT MOCKS: THEY STARTED LAST WEEK MONDAY AND ENDED YESTERDAY. I MISSED THE ENTIRETY OF THE FIRST WEEK BECAUSE I TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID ON THE SUNDAY….. i’m not sure whether that was good or terrible timing, but it meant i only had to do 3 exams when i got back, which is better than like 10 lol. i’m actually writing a blog post about that later where i’ll elaborate on my feelings on that and like “what now that i’ve missed so many exams” so you can read that later since i don’t want to write an entire speech here😅

HAVE YOU DONE YOUR MOCKS YET??? IF NOT, ARE THEY SOON??? how’s revision going for that? don’t stress, good luck for whenever they are, i know you’ll do amazing💗💗💗 feel free to yell if you ever need some help or a motivation talk or for me to reciprocate how supportive you’ve been to me (thanks btw!!) <3

YOUR PRACTICAL EXAMS….. HOW ARE YOU FEELING???? i am exactly the same in that, for a while, all of my time went to my textiles coursework </3 BUT I HANDED IT IN TODAY AND MY TEACHER CALLED IT “TOP GRADE” SO IM FINALLY FREE FROM MY TEXTILES NEA!!!!

what do/did you have to do for both pieces of coursework? i’m more interested in food tech because i didn’t take it, but also textiles because we might be using different exam boards (i’m eduqas)

anyway, again, thanks so much for your good luck wishes and your support and blah blah blah!!! take care of yourself and don’t worry about replying to this :smile:

<— i feel like all of our subsequent exchanges are going to end with “don’t worry about replying to this” because of how stressful yr11 is and the fact we know what each other is going through lol

okay bye fr MWAH

Hi! I’m so sorry I’m replying to this 57 days after you sent it - I can’t even remember the original context of some of what we’re talking about LOLL. Remember when the biggest thing we had to worry about were mocks?:cry:

I handed in my textiles work last week too - the relief I felt oh my gosh

For food tech - the coursework (which provides 50% of our final grade) is a practical section. We basically have to make two dishes (used to be three but they reduced it because of our good friend covid) based on a brief and write a massive essay on it. We gave it in a couple of weeks ago - that was pretty stressful lol. The other 50% is a theory exam which I’m kind of relying on haha! There used to be another food investigation task before covid but they took that out :yep:

For textiles - we do art textiles in our school, so it’s like a GCSE art course but it’s textiles instead (we’re doing edexcel). We didn’t have a brief this year, presumably because of covid, but we still did coursework and that’s getting marked now!

Anyway lots of love :heart:
I’m sorry we didn’t get to talk in so long and I am so grateful to have someone just to talk to about all of this :smile:
hope your gcse are going good :biggrin:
and hope you are well
Original post by Schotel
Seeing as you decided to make a thread on a Student Forum, and therefore investing time into yourself. You will do very well :smile:

Thank you!
Original post by Food!!
hope your gcse are going good :biggrin:
and hope you are well

Thanks bubbles! How are you? :smile:
Original post by Icosagon
Thanks bubbles! How are you? :smile:

im doing good thanks just been doing sm coursework cuz the deadline is close and need focus on revision smh
Original post by Food!!
im doing good thanks just been doing sm coursework cuz the deadline is close and need focus on revision smh

That’s good to hear. Good luck for your coursework and revision! :biggrin:
That’s good to hear. Good luck for your coursework and revision! :biggrin:

thank you and good luck on your exams :smile:
Thank you!

Hey Icy!!! :biggrin:
How's everything going? Hope GCSEs aren't stressing u out too much! How's revision going? :hugs:
Also, random but I know u do textiles - what tips do u have for it? Because last week my class started our sketchbooks for our own theme which we do from now until the end of December and I need tips for presentation :colondollar:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by AestheticStudying
Hey Icy!!! :biggrin:
How's everything going? Hope GCSEs aren't stressing u out too much! How's revision going? :hugs:
Also, random but I know u do textiles - what tips do u have for it? Because last week my class started our sketchbooks for our own theme which we do from now until the end of December and I need tips for presentation :colondollar:

Hey!!
Everything’s going okay I guess - kinda stressed but kinda accepting (especially of the fact that I’ll probably be cramming every single night in the forthcoming 2 months :borat:)
How about you? :hugs:

Ah yes. Textiles. Hmm let me think. My presentation was pretty bad for most of my work ngl - mainly because I rushed it lol. For titles and stuff, my classmates would go on font websites and type out whatever and trace it for a uniform and fancy title - that looked pretty good. I’d also say maybe cutting out your printed analysis and picture things with a white border of the paper around it (terrible explanation sorry :biggrin:). That tends to look pretty good and eliminates any issue with shaky scissor cutting. Also, something I find really cool with sketchbooks is that you can tie little flappy bits on the binding with thread which makes a page look more fun and 3D. Also just general tip for textiles - try to keep on top of work as much as possible and try not to leave anything to the last minute! I think that’s it. Good luck - I hope you have lots of fun with textiles! :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi! I’m so sorry I’m replying to this 57 days after you sent it - I can’t even remember the original context of some of what we’re talking about LOLL. Remember when the biggest thing we had to worry about were mocks?:cry:

I handed in my textiles work last week too - the relief I felt oh my gosh

For food tech - the coursework (which provides 50% of our final grade) is a practical section. We basically have to make two dishes (used to be three but they reduced it because of our good friend covid) based on a brief and write a massive essay on it. We gave it in a couple of weeks ago - that was pretty stressful lol. The other 50% is a theory exam which I’m kind of relying on haha! There used to be another food investigation task before covid but they took that out :yep:

For textiles - we do art textiles in our school, so it’s like a GCSE art course but it’s textiles instead (we’re doing edexcel). We didn’t have a brief this year, presumably because of covid, but we still did coursework and that’s getting marked now!

Anyway lots of love :heart:
I’m sorry we didn’t get to talk in so long and I am so grateful to have someone just to talk to about all of this :smile:

DON'T STRESS ABOUT THE LATE REPLY, HONESTLY <3 IT'S SOOOO NICE TO BE TALKING TO YOU AGAIN AND I'VE REALLY APPRECIATED HAVING UR SUPPORT THROUGHOUT THIS WHOLE YEAR :smile:

honestly, it's soooo weirdf to think that we're actually doing our gcses now lol. i didn't appreciate life enough when the only thing I had to worry about were mocks that would only ever be seen by my teachers. EXAMINERS WILL SEE AND MARK THESE PAPERS???? they make also lowkey laugh at my stupid answers lol.

actually, I take that back. I believe in myself and so there will be no stupid answers (hopefully!)

CONGRATS FOR GIVING IT UR TEXTILES COURSEWORK!!! SO SO SO SIO SO PROUD OF U!!!!:heart: oh AND UR FOOD TECH COURSEWORK!!!!

HONESTLY BAE, IT DOESNT MATTER THAT IT WASN'T PERFECT OR THAT IT WAS STRESSFUL BECAUSE EITHER WAY, YOU DID IT!! coursework subjects are NO JOKE in terms of workload, so I hope you're happy with the outcome :smile: don't be too hard on urself!

ANYWAYS GTG BC FIRST EXAM IS TOMORROW AND FREAKING OUT HIGHKEY BUT FEEL FREE TO REACH OUT ANYTIME BC I LUV TALKING TO YOU BYE MWAHG
DON'T STRESS ABOUT THE LATE REPLY, HONESTLY <3 IT'S SOOOO NICE TO BE TALKING TO YOU AGAIN AND I'VE REALLY APPRECIATED HAVING UR SUPPORT THROUGHOUT THIS WHOLE YEAR :smile:

honestly, it's soooo weirdf to think that we're actually doing our gcses now lol. i didn't appreciate life enough when the only thing I had to worry about were mocks that would only ever be seen by my teachers. EXAMINERS WILL SEE AND MARK THESE PAPERS???? they make also lowkey laugh at my stupid answers lol.

actually, I take that back. I believe in myself and so there will be no stupid answers (hopefully!)

CONGRATS FOR GIVING IT UR TEXTILES COURSEWORK!!! SO SO SO SIO SO PROUD OF U!!!!:heart: oh AND UR FOOD TECH COURSEWORK!!!!

HONESTLY BAE, IT DOESNT MATTER THAT IT WASN'T PERFECT OR THAT IT WAS STRESSFUL BECAUSE EITHER WAY, YOU DID IT!! coursework subjects are NO JOKE in terms of workload, so I hope you're happy with the outcome :smile: don't be too hard on urself!

ANYWAYS GTG BC FIRST EXAM IS TOMORROW AND FREAKING OUT HIGHKEY BUT FEEL FREE TO REACH OUT ANYTIME BC I LUV TALKING TO YOU BYE MWAHG

AWW THANK YOU SO MUCH. IM ALSO SO GRATEFUL TO BE ABLE TO TALK TO YOU THIS YEAR :smile: <3

It’s actually crazy man. There’s no more ‘safety net’ :redface:

Yes! We love positivity!

THANK YOU SO MUCH

BYEEE GOOD LUCK AND WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
[scrollr]MY FIRST GCSE: BIOLOGY [/scrollr]

Okay. So I had bio today. It was okay. I don’t do AQA so I couldn’t relate to all the trending memes on Twitter though :redface:
I was able to answer everything but there was this annoying 6 marker on red blood cells which I think I screwed up eek. There were graphs and a diagram of a nucleus being ejected from a red blood cell or something I don’t even know man. I wrote something about it being biconcave and having no nucleus so hopefully that will get me a few marks. Also my exam technique for bio is absolutely rubbish so I probably lost a few marks because I didn’t quite capture the answer. But I think I did the best I could have done and I’m happy with that. I didn’t have any of those dreaded moments when I was like ‘oh snap, I haven’t revised this properly’ which is good. Except where I forgot what thyroxine does. It’s fine I can’t do anything about it now!!!

I still hasn’t sunk in that I’ve done my first ever GCSE. Omg. Until the next bio paper….
(edited 1 year ago)
[scrollr]ENG LANG PAPER ONE[/scrollr]

Aargh this was disastrous. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: The extract was amazing and in retrospect, I could’ve done so much better. I completely ran out of time for question 5 so I wrote some nonsense. Then my story sounded like my diary in year 1. It was so bad. I’m really gonna have to work hard for paper 2, especially on my timing.

[scroll]GERMAN READING AND LISTENING [/scroll]
Okay, so this wasn’t so bad. There were definitely some words I didn’t know and things I had to guess, but overall I think it went okay + the translation (my favourite part!) was also nice.

Anyway, I haven’t got any exams tomorrow so hopefully I can recharge.
(edited 1 year ago)
[scrollr]MATHS[/scrollr]

It was all going fine until…

Spoiler

BRO WHAT WAS THAT LAST QUESTION MAN I SACRIFICED THE TIME I KEPT ASIDE TO CHECK MY ANSWERS AND USED IT INSTEAD TO JUST STARE AT THE 3 OVERLAPPING CIRCLES FOR LIKE 10 MINS AND I DIDN’T HAVE ONE CLUE HOW TO SOLVE IT AND I LITERALLY JUST WROTE THE AREA OF THE CIRCLE :borat:

NOW I KEEP SEEING SOLUTIONS OF IT AND PEOPLE LIKE DREW TRIANGLES IN THE CIRCLES WHAT AND I DONT UNDERSTAND OMG

I GUESS I COULD HAVE BEEN MORE CLEVER BECAUSE THE ADVANCE INFORMATION FOR THIS EXAM DID SAY ‘AREA OF SECTOR OF CIRCLE’ AND ALSO ‘EXACT TRIG VALUES’ (WHICH I PAINSTAKINGKY REVISED SO MUCH FOR ME NOT EVEN TO USE THEM) AND I DIDNT NEED TO YSE THEM IN ANY PREVIOUS QUESTIONS SO SURELY THEY HAD TI BE USED IN THIS ONE?

BUT HONESTKY WHEW THAT QUESTION MAN

I THINK IT WOUKD HAVE BEEN MORE FITTING IF THE WHOLE 1.5 HOURS WAS JUST FOR THAT ONE QUESTION

Okay I’m done with my capitalised rant. Other than that question, I think I did okay but some questions I did screw up, namely the vector ratio thingy where I somehow got a negative ratio (?!) and also the proportion one (I really can’t do fractional indices omg).

In retrospect, that was a really nice question - problem solving questions like that are always so exciting and mind blowing. Like I’d never thought that using trig to find the area of a some bit of a circle was a thing! I want to try it again when I calm down a bit lol :redface:

Overall, meh week of exams. I definitely need to work harder though - there are some big ones coming up and I really want to do well in those. Can’t wait to get the rest over and done with tbh.
(edited 1 year ago)
[scrollr]MATHS[/scrollr]

It was all going fine until…

Spoiler

BRO WHAT WAS THAT LAST QUESTION MAN I SACRIFICED THE TIME I KEPT ASIDE TO CHECK MY ANSWERS AND USED IT INSTEAD TO JUST STARE AT THE 3 OVERLAPPING CIRCLES FOR LIKE 10 MINS AND I DIDN’T HAVE ONE CLUE HOW TO SOLVE IT AND I LITERALLY JUST WROTE THE AREA OF THE CIRCLE :borat:

NOW I KEEP SEEING SOLUTIONS OF IT AND PEOPLE LIKE DREW TRIANGLES IN THE CIRCLES WHAT AND I DONT UNDERSTAND OMG

I GUESS I COULD HAVE BEEN MORE CLEVER BECAUSE THE ADVANCE INFORMATION FOR THIS EXAM DID SAY ‘AREA OF SECTOR OF CIRCLE’ AND ALSO ‘EXACT TRIG VALUES’ (WHICH I PAINSTAKINGKY REVISED SO MUCH FOR ME NOT EVEN TO USE THEM) AND I DIDNT NEED TO YSE THEM IN ANY PREVIOUS QUESTIONS SO SURELY THEY HAD TI BE USED IN THIS ONE?

BUT HONESTKY WHEW THAT QUESTION MAN

I THINK IT WOUKD HAVE BEEN MORE FITTING IF THE WHOLE 1.5 HOURS WAS JUST FOR THAT ONE QUESTION

Okay I’m done with my capitalised rant. Other than that question, I think I did okay but some questions I did screw up, namely the vector ratio thingy where I somehow got a negative ratio (?!) and also the proportion one (I really can’t do fractional indices omg).

In retrospect, that was a really nice question - problem solving questions like that are always so exciting and mind blowing. Like I’d never thought that using trig to find the area of a some bit of a circle was a thing! I want to try it again when I calm down a bit lol :redface:

Overall, meh week of exams. I definitely need to work harder though - there are some big ones coming up and I really want to do well in those. Can’t wait to get the rest over and done with tbh.

i'm so glad exams have been going okay for you so far!!!!! <3 you're doing amazing and I'm so proud of us for having officially completed the first two weeks of GCSEs. wow......

I'm surprised you found german okay???? you do AQA right? IT SUCKED. IT WAS ACTUALLY CATASTROPHIC????????????? i barely understood anything, and I cannot imagine my grade being good lol. i mean, at least I've got writing to redeem myself on, but GOD I came out of that exam and started laughing to myself because it was that bad :grin: << smiling through the pain

I'm surprised I didn't get more upset about it considering its an ACTUAL GCSE???? but I guess I'm like "whatever, at least it's done xx"

sorry to hear abt the English lang exam :frown: I'm sure you did okay! don't be too hard on yourself.

and with question 5, don't fret it!!! honestly, sometimes a year-1-diary-type story gets you marks lol. remember, we aren't writing to be *good* - we're writing for an exam, and to get marks. it's okay if it wasn't perfect, as long as you through in some jazzy words and language devices here and there.

AND SAM,E SAME ASAME SMAME OMG MATHS WAS WHAT ----GHCSHGJCBNJHEC JHKDS SAMN CDHJ CD THE LAST QUESTION...... I GOT THE AREA OF THE CIRCLE AND CALLED IT A DAYYYYY LOL.

the rest of the paper was okay, but that typical thing happened where you leave the exam and start realsiign you got more wrong than you though hahahahahahahahahah yeah not fun

anyways, off to revise a bit so will speak later but good luck with your revision bae <3333

AND MAKE SURE YOU'RE TAKING BREAKS AND GETTING REST AND DRINKING WATER XXX
i'm so glad exams have been going okay for you so far!!!!! <3 you're doing amazing and I'm so proud of us for having officially completed the first two weeks of GCSEs. wow......

I'm surprised you found german okay???? you do AQA right? IT SUCKED. IT WAS ACTUALLY CATASTROPHIC????????????? i barely understood anything, and I cannot imagine my grade being good lol. i mean, at least I've got writing to redeem myself on, but GOD I came out of that exam and started laughing to myself because it was that bad :grin: << smiling through the pain

I'm surprised I didn't get more upset about it considering its an ACTUAL GCSE???? but I guess I'm like "whatever, at least it's done xx"

sorry to hear abt the English lang exam :frown: I'm sure you did okay! don't be too hard on yourself.

and with question 5, don't fret it!!! honestly, sometimes a year-1-diary-type story gets you marks lol. remember, we aren't writing to be *good* - we're writing for an exam, and to get marks. it's okay if it wasn't perfect, as long as you through in some jazzy words and language devices here and there.

AND SAM,E SAME ASAME SMAME OMG MATHS WAS WHAT ----GHCSHGJCBNJHEC JHKDS SAMN CDHJ CD THE LAST QUESTION...... I GOT THE AREA OF THE CIRCLE AND CALLED IT A DAYYYYY LOL.

the rest of the paper was okay, but that typical thing happened where you leave the exam and start realsiign you got more wrong than you though hahahahahahahahahah yeah not fun

anyways, off to revise a bit so will speak later but good luck with your revision bae <3333

AND MAKE SURE YOU'RE TAKING BREAKS AND GETTING REST AND DRINKING WATER XXX

Thank you so much! I mean this week was a little… questionable but I guess I’ve now got one week to sort the rest of my GCSEs out lol. Yes I am so proud of us! 2 weeks done, 3 weeks to go!

Oh no it’s okay! I’m sure you did great don’t worry + plus I know you’re going to do great in writing. Looking back on it, that exam was pretty cruel and I don’t think I did as well as I thought. Also why was there a poem about a dog and a phone?! The smiling through the pain thing is so relatable lol. I started laughing quietly when I saw our English literature essay question :lol:

That’s exactly been my attitude during the whole of this. I swear I was more nervous for mocks and now I’m here, literally chilling in the exam hall.

Aww thank you so much and thank you for that advice as well - it’s really reassuring. It’s always the timing that gets me ahgthhfd

MATHS WAS A JUST A WHOLE OTHER APOCALYPSE MAN DVHJGREDF THE ANNOYING CIRCLES

Yes definitely. The worst part of all these exams is when you walk out the exam hall thinking you did okay, but discuss answers and slowly feel your confidence crumble into nothing when you realise you got something catastrophically wrong.

Okay goodbye good luck with revision and super well done for these 2 weeks! :heart:
YES YOU TOO KEEP HEALTHY AND HYDRATE BYEE

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending