The Student Room Group

how to deal w rumours

how do i deal w this weeks round of rumours abt me and everyone chatting **** about me turning my friends against me
Are you in school/college? Could you approach a teacher or lecturer?

Best thing to do, although it is hard, is to ignore it the best you can. People like that target individuals who they can get a reaction out of. If you don’t retaliate and just ignore them, they tend to stop and move on as they can’t get a reaction out of you :smile:
Reply 2
ignore them, fight against it or spread counter rumours.
Original post by brjf
ignore them, fight against it or spread counter rumours.

i would discourage the spreading of counter rumours. two wrongs don’t make a right and will just encourage these people to continue with their actions. this will most likely make the situation worse! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by aspiringunigal
i would discourage the spreading of counter rumours. two wrongs don’t make a right and will just encourage these people to continue with their actions. this will most likely make the situation worse! :smile:

That’s why I said to fight them or ignore them
Original post by brjf

Yes, but spreading counter rumours will make it worse. Just pointing that out for OP if they read your comment and thought it would be a good idea :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by aspiringunigal
Are you in school/college? Could you approach a teacher or lecturer?

Best thing to do, although it is hard, is to ignore it the best you can. People like that target individuals who they can get a reaction out of. If you don’t retaliate and just ignore them, they tend to stop and move on as they can’t get a reaction out of you :smile:

school but the teachers believe the rumours. i ignored them last week but its my ex and his new gf thats doing it all. they know i get angry bc of other things and keep it in so i end up getting rly angry at other stuff.
Reply 7
Original post by brjf

i fight them but they do it after that one has died down
Original post by user22021
school but the teachers believe the rumours. i ignored them last week but its my ex and his new gf thats doing it all. they know i get angry bc of other things and keep it in so i end up getting rly angry at other stuff.

which is why you must ignore it. the more you retaliate, the more they’ll do it. they are looking for a reaction.
Reply 9
Original post by username5842250
which is why you must ignore it. the more you retaliate, the more they’ll do it. they are looking for a reaction.

me and the girl sorted it out but me and my ex hate eachother even more but im fine w that he was toxic anyway
Dealt with the same thing in HS and with my in-laws. The more reaction you give, the more fun they’ll have with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending