GCSE Science

Watch this thread
Anonymous48
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi,
I am doing Triple Science AQA Gcse and I need some suggestions on what revision Guides to buy. Are CGP or Collins better? Thanks
Aelishaaa
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
CGP is a better book in my opinion. It includes all the knowledge you need and it is quite easy to understand. Collins is not bad of a book it includes the knowledge however I found that the book misses few knowledge that you need to. A good thing about the book is that it includes practice papers. I would overall suggest the CGP book. Also download your boards specification which you can find on their website
Anonymous48
Rep:
O

(Original post by Aelishaaa)
CGP is a better book in my opinion. It includes all the knowledge you need and it is quite easy to understand. Collins is not bad of a book it includes the knowledge however I found that the book misses few knowledge that you need to. A good thing about the book is that it includes practice papers. I would overall suggest the CGP book. Also download your boards specification which you can find on their website
Ok, thanks for your help. Did your school recommend CGP? because our school recommended us Collins.
Aelishaaa
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
My school recommended us CGP. If your skl recommended collins you should get it. You can get the CGP for a cheaper prices on Depop or ebay if you want it
Anonymous48
Rep:
My school recommended us CGP. If your skl recommended collins you should get it. You can get the CGP for a cheaper prices on Depop or ebay if you want it
Ok, what year did your GCSE and what was your exam board if your school recommended CGP? Thanks again
Aelishaaa
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
I did my GCSE this year and my exam board was AQA.
Anonymous48
Rep:
I did my GCSE this year and my exam board was AQA.
Oh. So was it predicted grades then?
Aelishaaa
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Yh. But in all of my mocks, I got an 8/9 for my sciences. Icl its not that deep for picking a book
username5706823
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
CGP is the best
Anonymous48
Rep:
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
CGP is the best
Ok, Thanks. Do you say that because it is more detailed?
Anonymous48
Rep:
Yh. But in all of my mocks, I got an 8/9 for my sciences. Icl its not that deep for picking a bookTha
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.14%
It went fairly well (237)
47.31%
It didn't go too well (75)
14.97%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.58%

Watched Threads