badsweater
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I qualified to teach in 2019 and didn't search for a job for a year because I was not confident in teaching (bad pgce year, mentor and staff made me feel inadequate). However, in 2020, I decided to start looking and started to build back my confidence to teach. People I worked with boosted my confidence as well and I felt ready to teach. However, I haven't found a permanent teaching job yet and it has been over 2 years since I qualified. Should I quit and try my hand at something else or push on and keep looking?I really enjoy teaching and think I would be great at it but it is getting embarrassing telling people I qualified in 2019 and haven't had a teaching job yet.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by badsweater)
I qualified to teach in 2019 and didn't search for a job for a year because I was not confident in teaching (bad pgce year, mentor and staff made me feel inadequate). However, in 2020, I decided to start looking and started to build back my confidence to teach. People I worked with boosted my confidence as well and I felt ready to teach. However, I haven't found a permanent teaching job yet and it has been over 2 years since I qualified. Should I quit and try my hand at something else or push on and keep looking?I really enjoy teaching and think I would be great at it but it is getting embarrassing telling people I qualified in 2019 and haven't had a teaching job yet.
Which subject/age group do you teach?

I think it can be harder to find your first role, the longer you leave it, and covid has also made it hard to find a job in some sectors over the past couple of years.

Do you really want to teach?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (310)
57.94%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (75)
14.02%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (59)
11.03%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.41%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed