Jobs with a sustainable development degree

Watch this thread
Alicecollins22
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I’m thinking of studying sustainable development/Environmental science/geography at uni but I don’t know what kind of jobs I could go into with any of them? Anyone got any ideas?
Choskins
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
Hey! I'm kinda in the same position as you, I want to go into environmental science/ enviro. biology or ecology and conservation. After that point I'm lost. I did some research and got an email subscription to ConservationCareers, which gave me some ideas about what conservation jobs there are. I know this is just specific to ecology and conservation, but I hope it will give you some idea of jobs you could go into. ALSO the conservation sector is really broad apparently so there's always plenty of options.
Some examples... Environmental consultancy, Ecological consultant, Carbon project manager, RSPB conservation officer, RSPB warden, project manager etc.
Which universities are you looking into going to?

P.S does anyone know if I can post links in here?
username5842250
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Choskins)
Hey! I'm kinda in the same position as you, I want to go into environmental science/ enviro. biology or ecology and conservation. After that point I'm lost. I did some research and got an email subscription to ConservationCareers, which gave me some ideas about what conservation jobs there are. I know this is just specific to ecology and conservation, but I hope it will give you some idea of jobs you could go into. ALSO the conservation sector is really broad apparently so there's always plenty of options.
Some examples... Environmental consultancy, Ecological consultant, Carbon project manager, RSPB conservation officer, RSPB warden, project manager etc.

sorry to jump on (i have no relevance to the thread) but just wanted to let you know that yes you can post links
Alicecollins22
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Choskins)

Thanks I’ll go check it out! I was looking at Ecology and Conservation biology before but decided I didn’t want to do a fully science degree as not into lab work so opting for something more Geography based
Choskins
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Ooh yay! Thanks.

https://www.conservation-careers.com/conservation-jobs/
https://www.conservation-careers.com...-for-students/
https://www.conservation-careers.com...drew-painting/

Hope this helps!
swfc-dan
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Hi guys, a mature student here looking to study Environmental Science at degree level next year. Possiblity taking A-Level Env Sci too and studying it myself in my free time before then. There are plenty of jobs requiring expertise in this field nowadays, as it's such an important issue now. Whether it's renewable energies, minimizing pollution, sustainability, reforestation in conservation etc. That's why I would like to work in this area.

Could you or any other students tell me how you are finding the Env Sci degree course so far? I'd like to hear from some existing students, as it isn't all that common a degree course yet and it's hard to find students who have/are studying it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (28)
19.86%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (33)
23.4%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (73)
51.77%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.96%

Watched Threads