Psychology help!

Watch this thread
NM-04
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Ok so basically, we usually learn a key study during our A01 lessons. But I wanted to ask in a A Level 16 marker, do you need to include the key study as part of your A01?

Example: In the topic relationships, we learn the key study of Walster et al when we look at physical attractiveness. Should we include that study when we write our A01 in the 16 marker?
SB1234567890
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
If the title of the question tells you to outline and evaluate/discuss the key study then focus on including it in the outline but if it just mentions a theory then you can choose whether you want to include it in the outline or have a it as a supporting evaluation point (I did AQA so I don't know if it will be the same for all exam boards
SST.513
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
A01 : factual info/ describe
A02 : application
A03 : Evaluation

Real life studies such as the one you talking about would go under A03 because you evaluate the study.
You don't need to include studies for A01 marks because A01 would be only brief information. You probably won't get mark if you include it in your A01.
I don't know the study for Walster but I can give you an example.

Let's say Lorenz's imprinting with Goslings:
The AO1 marks would be about what imprinting is. A03 Marks would be about the study. So the key study of Walster et al should be spoken for your A03 marks.

Hope that helps !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (233)
41.91%
The paper was reasonable (236)
42.45%
Not feeling great about that exam... (51)
9.17%
It was TERRIBLE (36)
6.47%

Watched Threads