Is 7km in 50 minutes good for a obese person to lose weight?

Watch
IWINTWIN
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey guys

I’m 5,7, and I weigh about 85-86kg. I’m classed as obese, though I’m a mixture of fat and a little bit of muscle.

Is 7km in 50 minutes good, to be honest I didn’t feel really tired after this today but I am sweating like a pig. I did 7km at a pace of about 8.5km/h. The machine said I burned like 550-600 calories.

If I do this for 5-6 days a week while consuming 1500 calories a day, how long do you think it will take me to lose 10kg?
kfc7
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I can't tell you how long will it take you to lose 10kg bc I simply don't know! But of course it's good, just be consistent eat healthy give yourself enough time to recover to prevent injuries and eventually you'll get there.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
A daily run will do you good and this is not a bad distance and pace, keep it up. You might need to look at diet a bit too
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You should be aiming to lose 10kg in not less than 10 weeks, rather than considering how quickly you can lose it.
Vapordave
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You need to eat more calories at that level of activity (use a tdee calculator on sedentary setting, take off 500 and record exercise in your calorie counter), but otherwise 10 weeks is the healthy minimum.
defaultrouteuk
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi - this is an OG answer, not a doctor. I'm 5'10" and weigh 102kg with a BMI that makes me blush. Am I obese? By the chart yeah but nah. My advice is train and eat. Don't do the caloric deficit unless you have a routine, it will surely fail. Change your meals to many rather than few but make them more snack-like. For breakfast I take a whey protein shake with raw oats (yeah students will be used to that) and some raisins (raw not sweetened) and half a banana chopped in. Add milk (skimmed) or water and stir it up and chug it down. That'll keep you going for a few hours. Eggs are an excellent source of protein and fat. If you want to lose the fat then take the yolk out - it's that easy. Scarmbled eggs - no butter/no oil just drop them in a pan stir it around and eat them. Nuts are an excellent source of protein and essentail fats so make an awesome snack. Don't drink alcohol - the energy you get is not what you need. If you are gonna drink then stick to shots not beers. Don't eat late - like 3 hoursw before your bedtime...no food. If you are hungry then take a protein shake but use casein not whey, you can have some oats if you like but not too much.

By the way - that time is f***ing awesome and not to be sniffed at. One time I did a half marathon in Blackpool and was beaten at the 7mile mark by a guy wearing a 15foot Spongebox suit and a grandmother who wasn't even in the race pulling on a zimmer frame (not a joke). My knees are blown after running while I was heavier and the time has come down year after year and now I pretty much suck at running. Be careful not to do the same. If I were you, stop running and start walking or cycling until your weight comes down then run.

Good luck, and remember, you're awesome

P.S. It's the carbohydrates that kill you - potato, rice etc. Salads are a fresh and light way to convince your body you're full.
Last edited by defaultrouteuk; 2 weeks ago
IWINTWIN
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by defaultrouteuk)
Hi - this is an OG answer, not a doctor. I'm 5'10" and weigh 102kg with a BMI that makes me blush. Am I obese? By the chart yeah but nah. My advice is train and eat. Don't do the caloric deficit unless you have a routine, it will surely fail. Change your meals to many rather than few but make them more snack-like. For breakfast I take a whey protein shake with raw oats (yeah students will be used to that) and some raisins (raw not sweetened) and half a banana chopped in. Add milk (skimmed) or water and stir it up and chug it down. That'll keep you going for a few hours. Eggs are an excellent source of protein and fat. If you want to lose the fat then take the yolk out - it's that easy. Scarmbled eggs - no butter/no oil just drop them in a pan stir it around and eat them. Nuts are an excellent source of protein and essentail fats so make an awesome snack. Don't drink alcohol - the energy you get is not what you need. If you are gonna drink then stick to shots not beers. Don't eat late - like 3 hoursw before your bedtime...no food. If you are hungry then take a protein shake but use casein not whey, you can have some oats if you like but not too much.

By the way - that time is f***ing awesome and not to be sniffed at. One time I did a half marathon in Blackpool and was beaten at the 7mile mark by a guy wearing a 15foot Spongebox suit and a grandmother who wasn't even in the race pulling on a zimmer frame (not a joke). My knees are blown after running while I was heavier and the time has come down year after year and now I pretty much suck at running. Be careful not to do the same. If I were you, stop running and start walking or cycling until your weight comes down then run.

Good luck, and remember, you're awesome

P.S. It's the carbohydrates that kill you - potato, rice etc. Salads are a fresh and light way to convince your body you're full.
Awesome informative reply, thank you man!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (285)
57.69%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (68)
13.77%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (53)
10.73%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (42)
8.5%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
5.26%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
4.05%

Watched Threads