Can I just eat junk food to put on weight

Watch
Bbles
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I don’t know if there’s any point in me working out. I’ve always been perpetually stick thin, my legs looks like toothpicks and my butt is basically nonexistent. I’ve been told that I can’t even begin to think about putting on muscle until I first put on weight, but I literally can’t. I’m a broke student, so I can’t afford to be eating 5 meals a day, but apparently I need to in order to go in excess and put on fat, because I have gone whole weeks eating nothing but junk food and still didn’t put on a single pound.

My question is, would eating like 5 Big Macs a day help me put on weight, so that I can start working out to build muscle?
YaliaV123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Have you spoken to your GP?
Agent456
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
its all about calories in calories out, you need to be in a calorie surplus to gain weight and this can be from ANY food, but I wouldn't recommend eating just junk food because that isn't good for your health.
Last edited by Agent456; 2 weeks ago
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bbles)
I don’t know if there’s any point in me working out. I’ve always been perpetually stick thin, my legs looks like toothpicks and my butt is basically nonexistent. I’ve been told that I can’t even begin to think about putting on muscle until I first put on weight, but I literally can’t. I’m a broke student, so I can’t afford to be eating 5 meals a day, but apparently I need to in order to go in excess and put on fat, because I have gone whole weeks eating nothing but junk food and still didn’t put on a single pound.

My question is, would eating like 5 Big Macs a day help me put on weight, so that I can start working out to build muscle?
NO..
Ur metabolism seems to be very high. So just eating MD's all the time can cause serious harm. You dont really need 5 meals a day. Go see your GP as they can give u medication for ur metabolism.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bbles)

If you have £16 a day to spend on Big Macs, you can certainly put together a shopping list much more balanced items to increase your weight.

The NHS has guidance and information for underweight adults:

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy...weight-adults/
Knight0
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You can and this is called dirty bulking but do not do it unless you want to feel like sh*t and full of regret. On this low quality diet you will build low quality muscle when you come to your cutting phase you will have to cut for so long to shed the fat you will loose so much work. Eat a clean diet with the occasional treat so when it comes to cutting you won't have to do it for long to reveal definition. The added benefits of a healthy diet go without saying also so keep that in mind, it's a ton cheaper too (my 3.2k daily kcals 160g of P shop costs me 35 quid a week from aldi)

Source: Joey D, Vitruvian physique, Athlean X. Youtube channels.
Last edited by Knight0; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (227)
56.75%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (51)
12.75%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (45)
11.25%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
9%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.5%

Watched Threads