The Student Room Group

Chemical engineering at imperial

Do I have a chance at chemical engineering at imperial with A*A*A* preds in bio chem maths
With those predicted grades I'm afraid to say you do not stand a chance. You will probably be rejected right off the bat and they will likely not even bother interviewing you.

Last year most applicants who applied to Imperial for Chemical Engineering had been mentioned as runner ups or honourable mentions or better in the IMO and Putnam competitions and had multiple publications surrounding Chemical Engineering.
At the very minimum they usually require you to have taken at least 5 A levels in the span of 1 year and expect you to have had an internship at Jane Street, Google or some related companies.

Yep... Things are looking pretty bleak for you right now to say the least pal.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by What The Cluck
With those predicted grades I'm afraid to say you do not stand a chance. You will probably be rejected right off the bat and they will likely not even bother interviewing you.

Last year most applicants who applied to Imperial for Chemical Engineering had been mentioned as runner ups or honourable mentions or better in the IMO and Putnam competitions and had multiple publications surrounding Chemical Engineering.
At the very minimum they usually require you to have taken at least 5 A levels in the span of 1 year and expect you to have had an internship at Jane Street, Google or some related companies.

Yep... Things are looking pretty bleak for you right now to say the least pal.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 You had me at first I'm not gonna lie
Reply 3
Original post by kfc7
Do I have a chance at chemical engineering at imperial with A*A*A* preds in bio chem maths

Hi, I’m thinking of applying and have the same predicted grades and a levels. If you don’t mind, which unis did you apply to for chem eng and how did you do? Thanks!
Original post by amara169
Hi, I’m thinking of applying and have the same predicted grades and a levels. If you don’t mind, which unis did you apply to for chem eng and how did you do? Thanks!

Hi, ive also applied for chem eng at imperial! have u sent off ur application yet?

Quick Reply

Latest