The Student Room Group

What happens to student finance if i withdraw after a week of uni?

I’ve already been paid the maintenance loan but I want to reapply next year so I was wondering what would happen to my student finance?
Original post by hiiiiiiiiiiii2
I’ve already been paid the maintenance loan but I want to reapply next year so I was wondering what would happen to my student finance?

You'll need to talk to SFE on this as they will advise you on it.
@SFE Isaac can you help?

Original post by Littleemma98
You'll need to talk to SFE on this as they will advise you on it.

@SFE Isaac can you help?

Hi, if you withdraw now - this will count as 1 year of previous study (even if you study for a week).

The Maintenance Loan payment you have received was due to last the full term (end of December) so if you withdraw, you will be asked to pay some funding back.

Any overpayment will be recovered from your future funding.

Students can receive funding for the length of their course + 1 additional year - any previous study

So as long as this is your only year of study, you should still be funded for your new course.

Please read this http://ow.ly/d/8pcX leaflet.

Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, if you withdraw now - this will count as 1 year of previous study (even if you study for a week).

The Maintenance Loan payment you have received was due to last the full term (end of December) so if you withdraw, you will be asked to pay some funding back.

Any overpayment will be recovered from your future funding.

Students can receive funding for the length of their course + 1 additional year - any previous study

So as long as this is your only year of study, you should still be funded for your new course.

Please read this http://ow.ly/d/8pcX leaflet.

Thanks, Isaac

Thank you very much!
Thank you very much!

You're welcome :smile:
Hi @SFE Isaac if i haven’t attended the university at all in the week it’s started will it still account as a year of previous study?
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi @SFE Isaac if i haven’t attended the university at all in the week it’s started will it still account as a year of previous study?

I think so. You need to withdraw from your course for it to not count as previous study.
Original post by Thisismyunitsr
I think so. You need to withdraw from your course for it to not count as previous study.

I am withdrawing :smile:

Original post by Thisismyunitsr

I am withdrawing :smile:

As long as you have not attended then it won't count as previous study.

Even if you attend for a week it can count as 1 full year of previous study.

Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
As long as you have not attended then it won't count as previous study.

Even if you attend for a week it can count as 1 full year of previous study.

Thanks, Isaac

Thanks so much! :smile:
@SFE Isaac Should I contact SFE to let them know I’m withdrawing if so how should I do it?
@SFE Isaac Should I contact SFE to let them know I’m withdrawing if so how should I do it?

No, we only need your university to send us the withdrawal.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending