What computer facilities do the Uni have?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm interested in studying the Games Design and Production at Abertay as there's a lot of solid industry links but there's no mention of any facilities anywhere that I can see. What sorts of drawing tablets are available, what specs do the pc's have, are there PS/Nintendo development kits, any VR/AR kits, what software is used, is there access to adobe creative cloud, how big are the computer suites, are there any pictures available anywhere of them?

I would appreciate any answer on what sorts of facilities there are, thanks.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm interested in studying the Games Design and Production at Abertay as there's a lot of solid industry links but there's no mention of any facilities anywhere that I can see. What sorts of drawing tablets are available, what specs do the pc's have, are there PS/Nintendo development kits, any VR/AR kits, what software is used, is there access to adobe creative cloud, how big are the computer suites, are there any pictures available anywhere of them?

I would appreciate any answer on what sorts of facilities there are, thanks.
I would contact the department directly.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Muttley79)
I would contact the department directly.
I tried looking but I couldn't find any way to contact the department, the best thing I found was the IT service desk but that didn't seem appropriate.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I tried looking but I couldn't find any way to contact the department, the best thing I found was the IT service desk but that didn't seem appropriate.
You could try : https://www.abertay.ac.uk/about/contact-us/

Register interest or order prospectus too?
Jonathanツ
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Go to an open evening or something (I think a lot of universities do them virtually this year too) where you can ask these questions directly. In the future, once you have got an offer, you will likely be able to see pictures and things at the offer holders' event. But you're definitely asking a good question, I would want to know what equipment/facilities I will be able to access when spending £9250 a year for them.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Muttley79)
You could try : https://www.abertay.ac.uk/about/contact-us/

Register interest or order prospectus too?
Alright will do, ty for the help!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Jonathanツ)
Go to an open evening or something (I think a lot of universities do them virtually this year too) where you can ask these questions directly. In the future, once you have got an offer, you will likely be able to see pictures and things at the offer holders' event. But you're definitely asking a good question, I would want to know what equipment/facilities I will be able to access when spending £9250 a year for them.
Yeah I just missed the most recent ones so I gotta wait a month, will definitely ask then.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (45)
13.12%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
27.11%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
17.49%
I'm finding things difficult (115)
33.53%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.75%

Watched Threads