A level choices

Watch this thread
Ajeni
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Is psychology, geography and sociology a good choice
SB1234567890
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
I’d say so, yes. I did A level sociology and psychology last year and they go really well together. Both include a chapter on research methods, which reduces the overall amount of content that you have to learn. Sociology also includes the topic on demography in the family unit, which may overlap with geography.
Arden University
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Ajeni)
Is psychology, geography and sociology a good choice
Ajeni

Hello!

It does depend on what you want to do career wise. If you wanted to do a Social Sciences degree (I did a BA in Sociology and an MSc in Psychology) it is a good mix.

In terms of Sociology degree's a lot of people end up working for local Government, or go on to post graduate study leading to either social work or teaching. Psychology is a little more ambiguous, you can do the same, but to be a fully qualified Psychologist you must progress to Doctorate level study.

You might be best speaking to the careers adviser in the college for further guidance

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Please read : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-l...-your-subjects
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads