Jojoster69
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I was hoping to apply to kings college with:

UCAT: 2750

GCSEs: 9,9,9,9,9,9,9,9,8,7,A*,A

A level predicted grades: A*,A*,A*

I have a great reference and a strong personal statement

However I have a SJT band 4, do I stand a chance? And does anyone have any statistics on band 4 applications?
KA_P
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jojoster69)
Hi I was hoping to apply to kings college with:

UCAT: 2750

GCSEs: 9,9,9,9,9,9,9,9,8,7,A*,A

A level predicted grades: A*,A*,A*

I have a great reference and a strong personal statement

However I have a SJT band 4, do I stand a chance? And does anyone have any statistics on band 4 applications?
Post this on their dedicated thread and you'll get an answer a lot faster. For extra advice on other universities post on the medicine megathread for advice catered to the band 4.
KA_P
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...post&t=7102578

This is the megathread.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Here’s a slightly outdated list of medical schools that don’t use the SJT in their admissions process. KCL gives higher weighing to band 1/2. Keep in mind that you are below the UCAT cutoff for Newcastle, Bristol and Glasgow last year.
https://www.themedicportal.com/blog/...or-2019-entry/
From this FOI you can see that only one person was accepted with band 4 SJT in 2017/18
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque..._programme_a10
Last edited by hungrysalamander; 1 month ago
Jojoster69
Rep:
Apparently they’re now considering band 4 applicants as from 2022 entry, so basically this year?
Last edited by Jojoster69; 1 month ago
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Apparently they’re now considering band 4 applicants as from 2022 entry, so basically this year?
Idk where you heard that from. GANFYD have you heard about this?
Last edited by hungrysalamander; 1 month ago
Jojoster69
Rep:
I’m not sure, it’s probably false to be honest, should I even bother applying with my grades/score
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’m not sure, it’s probably false to be honest, should I even bother applying with my grades/score
Are you taking the BMAT?
Jojoster69
Rep:
Maybe, but do you reckon I might get an interview with kings?
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Maybe, but do you reckon I might get an interview with kings?
Unlikely with band 4. If you want to take the BMAT then tell your exams officer now as the final deadline is on 15th October and you will be charged a late fee as it is after 1st October.
hamdaaaa
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
Unlikely with band 4. If you want to take the BMAT then tell your exams officer now as the final deadline is on 15th October and you will be charged a late fee as it is after 1st October.
how much is the late fee? i was too busy revising for upcoming autumn exams that i completely forgot to email them until i saw this.
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hamdaaaa)
how much is the late fee? i was too busy revising for upcoming autumn exams that i completely forgot to email them until i saw this.
£61 standard fee+£34 late fee
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (15)
8.77%
Okay (51)
29.82%
A bit lacking (61)
35.67%
Not good at all (44)
25.73%

Watched Threads