Driving lessons reversing

After how many hours do you start to learn reversing
um just take your time just focus and practise
Original post by Sheperd23
um just take your time just focus and practise

How long does it take to pass some people say they are ready after 10 hours
Original post by danielliam2004
How long does it take to pass some people say they are ready after 10 hours

the rule of thumb I have heard is around 40 hours on the road - combining lessons and practice.
Reply 4
Original post by ReadingMum
the rule of thumb I have heard is around 40 hours on the road - combining lessons and practice.

My driving instructor said 40 hours of LESSONS with practice outside of lessons.
My rule of thumb was from a driving instructor - to someone who was doing a lot of practice with a parent (not me)
Reply 6
Original post by ReadingMum
My rule of thumb was from a driving instructor - to someone who was doing a lot of practice with a parent (not me)

Well its not correct, google even says 45 hours with 22 extra practice. 40 hours combined is not enough for the vast majority of people.
Original post by Pinez772
Well its not correct, google even says 45 hours with 22 extra practice. 40 hours combined is not enough for the vast majority of people.

Obviously Google is right and the driving instructor with 30+ years experience in the job is wrong - I bow to the greater knowledge of Mr Google.
Reply 8
I literally also gave you the advice of my driving instructor who has also had 30+ years of experience but apparently that wasn't good enough for you. Multiple sources say at least 40 with extra practice. Take the L and move on.
Everyone is different so it is pointless arguing over approximate figures.

Some people rock up to their test after <10hrs of lessons and pass. Others are nowhere near passing after 100+hrs.

A sensible approach is to budget the time and money for 40-50 hours of lessons and see how you get on from there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending