Rchocolate
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Completed level 3 courses already but don't have enough UCAS points (96) and can't afford to travel for a foundation year at university. So I applied and went for enrolment at another college and they said they would need to contact the higher-ups for me to do a level 3 course. Is it possible?
JasmineAcademic
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Rchocolate)
Completed level 3 courses already but don't have enough UCAS points (96) and can't afford to travel for a foundation year at university. So I applied and went for enrolment at another college and they said they would need to contact the higher-ups for me to do a level 3 course. Is it possible?
What level 3 course is it if you don’t mind me asking that you’ve just finished? I think to be able to do another level 3 course, you might not be allowed any funding i.e it won’t be free and you will have to pay for it. It was like this at my college anyway. I had to get an adult learn loan or something like that which paid for my course for me and I have to start paying it back once I earn above 25k.

Have you looked at an access course? They’re usually a year long but more intense. Most level 3 courses that get you into university are two years long. If I know which area it is your wanting to go into I might be able to advise you more.
Rchocolate
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JasmineAcademic)
What level 3 course is it if you don’t mind me asking that you’ve just finished? I think to be able to do another level 3 course, you might not be allowed any funding i.e it won’t be free and you will have to pay for it. It was like this at my college anyway. I had to get an adult learn loan or something like that which paid for my course for me and I have to start paying it back once I earn above 25k.

Have you looked at an access course? They’re usually a year long but more intense. Most level 3 courses that get you into university are two years long. If I know which area it is your wanting to go into I might be able to advise you mthaore.
I am 18 and the courses were lvl 3 business diploma and law. Isn't 16-18 funded or is it because I have already completed a level 3 course? My nearby colleges don't do access courses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (160)
84.66%
No (29)
15.34%

Watched Threads