Liberal Arts personal statements

Watch this thread
crystallineluke
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi

I'm applying for 2022 and I want to do a Music & French joint honours course but have found that there aren't a lot of them offered by top unis. I was told to have a look at some Liberal Arts courses that would allow me to pick Music & French modules and really like the look of the course offered at King's College London. I'm between King's for Liberal Arts and Glasgow for Music & French at the moment.

So far, my personal statement is written for a music and modern languages course. Obviously within the Liberal Arts degree I'd pick both Music and French, but I was wondering if I would need to change my personal statement at all to make it more "liberal arts" focused rather than just music and modern languages focused. Do you think if I applied to King's with the Music and French personal statement that it would affect my chances of success?

My predicteds are A*AA so I feel that I should be in a decent position to get an offer but obviously I wouldn't want to be limited by my personal statement. If anyone could offer any advice, that'd be really helpful. I'd be happy to share my personal statement if anyone thinks that could be helpful.

Thanks
Luke
Last edited by crystallineluke; 8 months ago
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
I would suggest contacting KCL. LA courses aren't that common, so it would probably be OK though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.96%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (9)
9.68%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.23%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.38%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
13.98%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.3%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.15%

Watched Threads