peppa15
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am in year 11 and looking at my options. I would like to work within a school but not as teacher more a pastoral role. I would prefer to work with older children not under 5's so don't really want to do an early years course. However this may sound mean but I don't want to have to do my work experience in dementia care or work with old people and people have told me that work placements on health and social care courses are normally in old persons homes. Could someone tell me if this is correct or false information. thank you
student90908
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Not necessarily, with the health and social care course you can work in school settings however i'm pretty sure children must be above the age of 5 as otherwise it is considered a childcare placement, which is a different course. In my experience, my college has accepted placements in schools for children with additional needs, rather than just a regular school as it needs to link to health and social care. There's also other options for placement such as day centres supporting individuals with additional needs, there's plenty out there just have a good look!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (140)
85.89%
No (23)
14.11%

Watched Threads