The Student Room Group

Starting A-Levels Late?

I recently took my A-Levels and got my results (not what I wanted). I was hoping for an AAB and needed an ABB but got a BBB instead. I really wanted the A in one subject as I plan to do something with it in the future. I was wondering if there was anyway I could go back to college for one year to retake the exam? Like if i could go to both year 1 and year 2 lessons. however I wasn't sure if this was a thing you could do, especially a month into the year. but as I have already completed the course would that give me an advantage?

The reason I want to go back this year is I plan to go to uni in 2022 and would really need the A, I also don't want to be in further education for too long as I feel its not something I want to still be doing at 20.
Thank you for any help.
What did you take and what did you want study.
Original post by Student5cience
What did you take and what did you want study.

I took Chemistry, Maths, and Geography and needed the A in Chemistry to study Chemistry. However I now want to do Pharmacology which also requires the A in Chemistry.
Original post by Meggggggggggg
I took Chemistry, Maths, and Geography and needed the A in Chemistry to study Chemistry. However I now want to do Pharmacology which also requires the A in Chemistry.

There must be unis with less requirements, for pharmacology
Original post by Student5cience
There must be unis with less requirements, for pharmacology

You can do a resit in summer 2022 but not sure if you would get funded to study at school/ college. May have to self study in your own time - but there are some brilliant resources for self learning online - try uplearn or seneca etc

Quick Reply

Latest