I can't seem to study

Watch
hdads17
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I can't seem to force myself to study, I think I have a burnout from GCSE because I studied too much and now I can't seem to focus. Does anyone have any tips because I really need to do good in year 13?

hxnnxh_13.11.06
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I sent this to someone else and this really seemed to help them; I hope it'll help you too

One of the best ways that help me is organising a revision guide.
For example:
- For 3hrs a night I will do revision;
- 1hr physics
- 1hr Spanish
- 1hr English (for example).
- Only revise what you are really struggling with at a certain time and in the order of when your exams are;
- If you have a biology exam on Wednesday and a drama exam on Friday revise for the bio first.
- If I need any help I email the subject teacher directly to get additional help.
- I use online educational websites such as:
- Seneca learning
- BBC bitesize

Then I have to find time for my music practice (will not apply to everyone).
- I must do:
- 2hrs of flute a day
- 1hr of piano a day
- 1hr of singing a day.
- Sometimes if I have a practice session during the day I can do less practice at night.
- If I have a lesson the next day I prioritise that;
- I have a flute lesson tomorrow, so I'll do additional practice tonight.

It's really important to keep a balance of study life and social/rest life.
- I try to have at least an hour of my own time, whether that be reading or skincare.
- Usually, I spend a bit of time on social media but with a combination of no wifi and Instagram being down I haven't been able to today :laugh:
- I'm always off devices by 10 pm so I can have a break before I go to bed.

Overall, keep a balance, else you'll just burn out.

Hope this helps
Last edited by hxnnxh_13.11.06; 3 weeks ago
millyv
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm afraid it's just discipline, I thought I had GCSE burn out, but i hardly think that's a real thing tbh. Once i got myself sticking to a study plan I have had no issue.
Diet coke man
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by hdads17)
I can't seem to force myself to study, I think I have a burnout from GCSE because I studied too much and now I can't seem to focus. Does anyone have any tips because I really need to do good in year 13?
Don't study too much
hdads17
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Diet coke man)
Don't study too much
lol the issue is I’m not studying at all now 😂😂
DebbbJa
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'd call it psychological fatigue or burnout. You just need to take a break from studying. Free out your mind, give yourself time to gain strength. I had a similar situation last year, when I was preparing my essay. I learn so hard, grabbed so much info, was studying all the time, so finally I was so exhausted so I even couldn't finish my writing assignment. Fortunately, I decided to use a writing service to help me. I found positive reviews on https://www.topwritersreview.com/reviews/sigmaessays/ and addressed them. I need to admit that was the smartest decision for that moment. We managed to finish my essay on time and I didn't go crazy trying to torture myself with that project.
Last edited by DebbbJa; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (147)
85.47%
No (25)
14.53%

Watched Threads