Good Deadlift Targets for 16 year old Male that Weighs 45kg

Watch
Liquid Bounce
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I've always been decently strong for my size since failing to gain weight through just eating more I heard that it might be better to gain weight through weight training. In my first deadlift session my PB was 75kg. Is that good what should my targets be.
defaultrouteuk
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Liquid Bounce)
I've always been decently strong for my size since failing to gain weight through just eating more I heard that it might be better to gain weight through weight training. In my first deadlift session my PB was 75kg. Is that good what should my targets be.
Tough question because style and form are also issues that affect your lift. For example, a sumo lift will be easier than a strict deadlift. I've seen huge lifts on YT and all because they do that crazy wide stance and middle bar grip.

Anyway, let's assume you're doing strict form, 75kg for a 45kg frame is not bad. Like all things in life, the more you practice the more you can lift. I've found that wrist straps are essential to heavier lifts so get yourself those if you don't have them. Some people swear by a back brace but I've always tended to shy away from those because they affect my stance.

Your target should be twice your body weight IMHO. As an example my PB is 200kg and I weigh 100kg. I don't do 10 reps at that weigth, it's always a 1RM, but it's a target.

Good luck!
Liquid Bounce
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by defaultrouteuk)
Tough question because style and form are also issues that affect your lift. For example, a sumo lift will be easier than a strict deadlift. I've seen huge lifts on YT and all because they do that crazy wide stance and middle bar grip.

Anyway, let's assume you're doing strict form, 75kg for a 45kg frame is not bad. Like all things in life, the more you practice the more you can lift. I've found that wrist straps are essential to heavier lifts so get yourself those if you don't have them. Some people swear by a back brace but I've always tended to shy away from those because they affect my stance.

Your target should be twice your body weight IMHO. As an example my PB is 200kg and I weigh 100kg. I don't do 10 reps at that weigth, it's always a 1RM, but it's a target.

Good luck!
Ty I just went to the gym to day pushed from 75 to 85 so I am making decent programs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (227)
56.75%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (51)
12.75%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (45)
11.25%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
9%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed