The Student Room Group

Sociology Exam

I wrote a Sociology exam a couple of days ago and I was asked to do Havard referencing. I used a Havard referencing generator but I saw after submitting that I forget to remove the commas from my intext citation because my university does not put a comma after the authors surname. Example (James 2019:35) they wanted me to do it like that which I did but each intext citation in my essay has a comma for example. (James, 2019:35) would I get penalized for this?
Reply 1
Original post by 2Tay9
I wrote a Sociology exam a couple of days ago and I was asked to do Havard referencing. I used a Havard referencing generator but I saw after submitting that I forget to remove the commas from my intext citation because my university does not put a comma after the authors surname. Example (James 2019:35) they wanted me to do it like that which I did but each intext citation in my essay has a comma for example. (James, 2019:35) would I get penalized for this?

I don't think you'll be penalised for putting a comma after the author's surname when using Harvard referencing as that would be really picky and rather petty IMO. I personally do what you do and put a comma after the author's surname.
I don't think you will be penalized for just a comma. It never happens

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending