Experience in first love church Uk / mustard seed chapel international

Watch
Sst_777
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I wanted to find out if you have anyone has had any experiences at these churches.
I have recently left this group, due to cult like tendencies and the heavy indoctrination through the use of their prophets books, podcasts and even songs. The pastors all preached from the prophets books on Sunday ( which would include scripture from the bible, but very out of context).
They were very legalistic and had a heavy focus on giving/ service (which is good when done willingly, not from force).
They also ascribed heavily to the OT way of living & curses, which we know no longer are active due to the New Testament and Jesus dying on the cross ( the only curse that is still active today, is he curse in humankind, of ADAM AND EVE in the garden of Eden).
I have a lot to say on this and I’m not even articulating myself properly, or detailing the worst bits of what happened, but I really am interested I see if any had shared experiences of this.
For context I was heavily involved in this church and attending on/ of f since 16 ( & consistently since 19). I attended with my family, who had been in the church for around 20 years ( as you can imagine it was with great thought and difficulty to leave this group… and was not easy at all, however the doctrine that was being taught was soo incorrect, it was unequivocally clear that this was a cult… even though we had been in attendance for so many years).
I look forward to hearing your experiences, feel free to ask more questions
heytash
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Sst_777)
I wanted to find out if you have anyone has had any experiences at these churches.
I have recently left this group, due to cult like tendencies and the heavy indoctrination through the use of their prophets books, podcasts and even songs. The pastors all preached from the prophets books on Sunday ( which would include scripture from the bible, but very out of context).
They were very legalistic and had a heavy focus on giving/ service (which is good when done willingly, not from force).
They also ascribed heavily to the OT way of living & curses, which we know no longer are active due to the New Testament and Jesus dying on the cross ( the only curse that is still active today, is he curse in humankind, of ADAM AND EVE in the garden of Eden).
I have a lot to say on this and I’m not even articulating myself properly, or detailing the worst bits of what happened, but I really am interested I see if any had shared experiences of this.
For context I was heavily involved in this church and attending on/ of f since 16 ( & consistently since 19). I attended with my family, who had been in the church for around 20 years ( as you can imagine it was with great thought and difficulty to leave this group… and was not easy at all, however the doctrine that was being taught was soo incorrect, it was unequivocally clear that this was a cult… even though we had been in attendance for so many years).
I look forward to hearing your experiences, feel free to ask more questions
Heya, I've heard a bit about this and would love to know more!
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
it does sound like a cult. it requires great strength of mind to reject this type of brainwashing organisation.
heytash
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by the bear)
it does sound like a cult. it requires great strength of mind to reject this type of brainwashing organisation
do you know about them too?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by heytash)
do you know about them too?
i am familiar with the cult scene
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.97%
Note taking apps (7)
1.88%
Flashcards (85)
22.85%
Revision guides (19)
5.11%
Past papers (169)
45.43%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (14)
3.76%

Watched Threads