The Student Room Group

Official UCL Postgraduate Applicants 2022 Thread

Scroll to see replies

hey guys I received an email today from UCL saying that I have been recommended for admission. Someone can explain to me what it means?
Reply 381
Original post by aysu727
Yeah I saw my conditional offer for DSML Programme today, when I logged into the UCL portal, but they didn’t send me official email yet. My offer came on March 17th.

Congratulations!!
Reply 382
Original post by Aterg98
hey guys I received an email today from UCL saying that I have been recommended for admission. Someone can explain to me what it means?

It means you will very probably receive an offer!! This means that the academic department will advise the admissions department to give you an acceptance.
Omg you think so! Let me show you what was in the email: I am pleased to confirm that, subject to final checks by UCL, it has been recommended that you be offered admission to the above programme of study.Before your offer of admission is issued, UCL Graduate Admissions needs to seek some additional information to assist in confirming your fee status.Please note that this email does not constitute an offer of admission to UCL.Kind regardsUCL Graduate AdmissionsSo I’m very confused :frown:
Reply 384
Original post by Aterg98
Omg you think so! Let me show you what was in the email: I am pleased to confirm that, subject to final checks by UCL, it has been recommended that you be offered admission to the above programme of study.Before your offer of admission is issued, UCL Graduate Admissions needs to seek some additional information to assist in confirming your fee status.Please note that this email does not constitute an offer of admission to UCL.Kind regardsUCL Graduate AdmissionsSo I’m very confused :frown:

I think you will receive an offer after admissions do some checks (I don't know which checks hahaha). Could I ask for which course and when did you apply?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by AQ08
I think you will receive an offer after admissions do some checks (I don't know which checks hahaha). Could I ask for which course and when did you apply?

I’m feeling very confused to be honest.
Anyway, I’ve applied for MSc in Global Governance and Ethics, I sent the application on the 4th of March.
Original post by Aterg98
I’m feeling very confused to be honest.
Anyway, I’ve applied for MSc in Global Governance and Ethics, I sent the application on the 4th of March.

Hi, same programme:smile: I got my offer in early March. Best of luck to you!
Any updates on your Portico? Mine changed to 'Currently being processed by admission' in the afternoon and I received the offer at midnight UK time.
Original post by chanhei_jasmine
Hi, same programme:smile: I got my offer in early March. Best of luck to you!
Any updates on your Portico? Mine changed to 'Currently being processed by admission' in the afternoon and I received the offer at midnight UK time.

Hey congrats :smile:
My portico says “application under assessment” so I really don’t get the email that they sent me saying “it has been recommended that you be offered admission to the above programme of study”
Can I ask you when you applied/received the offer?
Original post by Aterg98
My portico says “application under assessment” so I really don’t get the email that they sent me saying “it has been recommended that you be offered admission to the above programme of study”

Sort of in a similar situation. My program director told me I should be receiving an offer soon, so I assume that he recommended me for admission. I called admissions and basically, they said one more admissions officer needs to do a final overall review before they will send a decision. It's probably the same thing with yours. IMO they are probably deciding if they want to give you a conditional or unconditional offer
Original post by Aterg98

My application was completed on 7th Feb and I received the offer on 2nd March
Hi,I also got that email. I tried to upload documents in portico to provide my share code but there’s no link to click so I emailed them that information. Do you think that’s okay?
Original post by Cbrown223
Is this different from "Application under assessment"?

Yes it is.
Received an offer for statistics!
Original post by Aterg98

Hi! Congrats!
Can I ask if you emailed the admission about your decision or they send this email to you? I have been waiting for decision for 5 months and still heard no response.
Original post by RishanZ
Hi! Congrats!
Can I ask if you emailed the admission about your decision or they send this email to you? I have been waiting for decision for 5 months and still heard no response.

Hi! Technically I haven't received an offer yet. But I submitted my application as complete on the 4th of March, since then I didn't do anything. I received this email a couple of days ago and since then nothing so I don't know what it means.

Have you also applied to the same programme?
I'm also a philosophy student applying for Psychological Sciences! Good luck!
9 weeks and counting - at this point why not put me out of my misery - this will hurt if I waited for this long to just be rejected at the end hopefully this is not the case.
(edited 2 years ago)
Received an offer for MSc Economics after 9 weeks!
Reply 398
Has anyone received an offer for Cognitive Neuroscience MSc? I haven't seen anyone talk about this course and I've been waiting for over 9 weeks now :frown:
Reply 399
Hi! Has anyone applied for accommodation in Handel Mansions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending