The Student Room Group

Official UCL Postgraduate Applicants 2022 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Are you currently a student? No, I already graduated.
Are you a UK applicant? If not, which country are you from? Philippines
Current (or Last) University: University of Hertfordshire
Current (or Last) Course: Computer Science
Achieved (Expected) Grade: 1st
Prospective Course: MSc Software Systems Engineering
Other Universities you’re applying to: Oxford, KCL, Manchester, Warwick
Hi guys! Did anyone receive the apology email stating that their decision will take more than two weeks? I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that e-mail ahah. Does it mean anything or is it automated? I’m an international applicant for MSc Public Policy.
Original post by lemon_econ
Hi guys! Did anyone receive the apology email stating that their decision will take more than two weeks? I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that e-mail ahah. Does it mean anything or is it automated? I’m an international applicant for MSc Public Policy.

Got the same email. I’m an international student too. I applied to the MSc Computational Finance course.
Original post by Nishita007
Got the same email. I’m an international student too. I applied to the MSc Computational Finance course.

I also applied for the MSc Computational Finance programme as an international student (from India), but didn't receive any such email. May I please know your application timeline?
I think I submitted my application around Nov end and submitted my references by 2/3 Dec.

Which other universities have you applied to and do you currently hold any offers?
I think I submitted my application around Nov end and submitted my references by 2/3 Dec.

I too submitted my application at the same time and my references were sent a day or two after that. Best of luck with your application!

Yes I did. It gave me a freaking heart attack! The first word I saw was 'unfortunately' so I thought it was a rejection. I'm an international applicant for MSc Software Systems Engineering.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 48

I did! I’m an international student applying for cognitive neuroscience MSc
Is that a bad sign meaning that my application is not that strong?
Original post by stevenball
I did! It gave me a freaking heart attack. The first word I saw was 'unfortunately' so I thought it was a rejection. I'm an international applicant for MSc Software Systems Engineering.

Same omg. I skimmed through the email and was convinced if was over for me from the way it was worded. I checked last year’s threads and it’s apparently an automated message they send sometimes so I don’t think it means much

May I please know your application timeline?
Original post by stevenball
I did! It gave me a freaking heart attack. The first word I saw was 'unfortunately' so I thought it was a rejection. I'm an international applicant for MSc Software Systems Engineering.

Original post by IndianPython

I applied on 8th January, including the references. My application went under assessment the same day. I received that email regarding the delay in decisions on 14th.
Reply 53
Hi! I got an offer for Msc Public Policy on monday. I submitted my application early December (I'm an international student). I did not received an email such as the one you mentioned, but I don't believe it's a bad sign. I find it kind of polite actually to let you know of the delay and you did not received an inmediate rejection. Considering I received an offer more than a month after I submitted my application I would think that you still have good chances of getting an offer since you submitted yours just a couple days ago. Also, I saw a change on the UCL Portico application before I received the offer. The status of my application changed from "under assessment" to something like "under consideration by admissions" (I don't remember exactly).
I saw other people that reported the same change before receiving an offer.
By the way, I will probably reject the offer. Hope this information in useful. Wish you luck with your applications!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by vales123
Hi! I got an offer for Msc Public Policy on monday. I submitted my application early December (I'm an international student). I did not received an email such as the one you mentioned, but I don't believe it's a bad sign. I find it kind of polite actually to let you know of the delay and you did not received an inmediate rejection. Considering I received an offer more than a month after I submitted my application I would think that you still have good chances of getting an offer since you submitted yours just a couple days ago. Also, I saw a change on the UCL Portico application before I received the offer. The status of my application changed from "under assessment" to something like "under consideration by admissions" (I don't remember exactly).
By the way, I will probably reject the offer. Hope this information in useful. Wish you luck with your applications!

Hey! Thanks for the info! Would you mind sharing a bit about your background?
Original post by Catherinelily
Thank you! I applied on 15th December, my reference was submitted on 16th December (I needed only one referee), and I received my decision on 10th January (there was no interview) :smile: Factoring in UCL's Christmas break, it was about two weeks.

Thank you so much for sharing!
I did the interview this afternoon (GMT+7). hope they will send the decision next week.

I've not received any apology email but considering that i've also applied for IOE as my second choice, i don't think they will review my application that fast anyway.
(edited 2 years ago)

Yeah Same!
Original post by IndianPython

I applied on the 4th of January and my references were sent a few days after. The decision delay was sent on the 14th of January.
Same omg. I skimmed through the email and was convinced if was over for me from the way it was worded. I checked last year’s threads and it’s apparently an automated message they send sometimes so I don’t think it means much

The subject sounded like a rejection as well! Funny enough, I received a similar email from KCL but it's wasn't because of a delay. They were literally saying thank you for applying. I don't know if my heart can take anymore haha.
Original post by vales123

Hi, thank you for the info! May I know why you'll reject your offer? Are you accepting an offer from somewhere else?
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending