studying for UKCAT and BMAT

Watch this thread
vsarda56
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hello medics and future medic,
So i am currently on gap year and have 1 year to study for the exams. I have a 38 in IB with a 766. and im thinking about doing BMAT to apply to imperial. Would you guys say i should give the BMAT an attempt or just focus on UKCAT. Thanks in advance
marble arch
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
hasn't the UCAT cycle finished? I think the last one was on the 29th September
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by vsarda56)
Hello medics and future medic,
So i am currently on gap year and have 1 year to study for the exams. I have a 38 in IB with a 766. and im thinking about doing BMAT to apply to imperial. Would you guys say i should give the BMAT an attempt or just focus on UKCAT. Thanks in advance
Depends on whether there is an "early" BMAT sitting next year - Imperial would accept the August / September sitting if it went ahead, and it would be good to know the scores before you lock in your choices (only Oxford A100 doesn't accept it).

Otherwise, if the BMAT is only held in November like in 2020 and this year, taking only the BMAT and applying "blind" is very risky and not recommended. In that case, I would also take the UCAT.
(Original post by marble arch)
hasn't the UCAT cycle finished? I think the last one was on the 29th September
Assuming they meant for 2023 entry.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
I'm confused. Are you on a gap year or planning to start a gap year for 2023? As others have said the UCAT cycle has finished and you only have 10 more days to register for the BMAT. If you really want to go to imperial then take the BMAT, otherwise many applicants including myself (the only BMAT dental school is Leeds so I didn't see a point in taking the BMAT) went with the UCAT only. You only need to practice for the UCAT about 2 months before the exam for a few hours a day and there are more tips on the UCAT megathread.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (262)
42.6%
The paper was reasonable (256)
41.63%
Not feeling great about that exam... (53)
8.62%
It was TERRIBLE (44)
7.15%

Watched Threads