How do I get my weight up?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I think being a bit fat is actually not really that bad if you just have a bit of a belly, it's better than being a skinny stick, you just look manurished and it's so embarrassing. I had this friend who was a stick, worse than me, it looked worse because he was tall as well, he had this football shirt and the badge for the club went at the side because his body was too slim for the shirt. When we went out to McDonald's drive thru he never could manage his food. I don't want to be like him. I want to know how I can just get my weight up a bit, not fully into a fat guy, I just need to put a bit of weight on or I'm just going always end up like a stick.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think being a bit fat is actually not really that bad if you just have a bit of a belly, it's better than being a skinny stick, you just look manurished and it's so embarrassing. I had this friend who was a stick, worse than me, it looked worse because he was tall as well, he had this football shirt and the badge for the club went at the side because his body was too slim for the shirt. When we went out to McDonald's drive thru he never could manage his food. I don't want to be like him. I want to know how I can just get my weight up a bit, not fully into a fat guy, I just need to put a bit of weight on or I'm just going always end up like a stick.
It isn't all about appearance - it's about health. Carrying excess body fat (as evidenced by a beer gut or similar) is not good for your health, and increases your chances of developing a whole host of long-term health problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease and a range of cancers.

If you need to increase your weight, then you can do that sensibly and slowly by eating a healthy diet with a little excess energy in it - you don't need to end up putting on so much weight you have an obesity problem.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
It isn't all about appearance - it's about health. Carrying excess body fat (as evidenced by a beer gut or similar) is not good for your health, and increases your chances of developing a whole host of long-term health problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease and a range of cancers.

If you need to increase your weight, then you can do that sensibly and slowly by eating a healthy diet with a little excess energy in it - you don't need to end up putting on so much weight you have an obesity problem.
I eat my normal meals a day but I'm just staying a stick. I've been like this all my life apart from when I was born I was a fat ****
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Kilo vermek için mutlaka bir motivasyon kaynağı bulmalısınız.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
Don't try to stuff yourself if you don't normally eat much, it can make you ill. Instead you can try going for full fat options like full fat milk, peanut butter etc. as well as eating more calories in your general diet.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
I’m trying to gain some weight too because I’m way underweight for my age. The best way is to eat healthy and exercise. It’s better to gain healthy weight that you don’t have to worry about than having to deal with the side effects of unhealthy weight.
llavi_london
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Don't gain weight without exercising first, you'll just go from being too skinny to being too fat and that's a transformation that nobody needs. First things first go get yourself a gym membership and start lifting weights, then we can talk about you gaining some high quality body mass AKA muscle, the thing that actually makes you look and feel good. Then you need to add more protein and carbs to your diet, my favourite meal for gaining weight is good old pasta and beef (with some sort of sauce of course), it's easy to get down and full of calories and protein. Add one two to meals of pasta and beef to your regular diet and see your weight shoot up. You can also use tricks such as having a glass of whole milk with some honey in each meal or my personal favourite, a couple of bagels with cream cheese after each meal. You need to be training hard though because these are a lot of calories and if you don't train you'll just get fat. As far as meals go you should be shooting for 4-6 meals a day, but you can get away with 3 at first if you're very skinny. Just make sure to weigh yourself weekly and adjust your food accordingly (if your weight isn't going up increase your food intake).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (125)
56.82%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (25)
11.36%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (27)
12.27%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (19)
8.64%
I haven't started researching yet (11)
5%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
5.91%

Watched Threads