Worried about sex (partner has diabetes)

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m worried about having sex in case I hurt her and concerned how I might affect her condition. She has an insulin pump attached to her arm. We’re both virgins and 20.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The best thing to do would be to speak to your gf about your concerns. She will have though about this herself too, I'm sure, so you can ask about what you should and shouldn't do and come up with a plan of action together. Even if she hasn't had sex before, she will know how things like exercise (and probably masturbation ) affect her sugars, and whether or not she needs to make any changes to her pump. So yeah, communication is key, just like with anything in a relationship
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
The best thing to do would be to speak to your gf about your concerns. She will have though about this herself too, I'm sure, so you can ask about what you should and shouldn't do and come up with a plan of action together. Even if she hasn't had sex before, she will know how things like exercise (and probably masturbation ) affect her sugars, and whether or not she needs to make any changes to her pump. So yeah, communication is key, just like with anything in a relationship
Thanks for the advice, I was just concerned about it that’s all.

I’m very nervous about having sex though as you can imagine!
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks for the advice, I was just concerned about it that’s all.

I’m very nervous about having sex though as you can imagine!
That's totally understandable. But if she has had diabetes for a while, it will be second nature to her and it shouldn't interfere with things too much. I'm sure it will go fine
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
That's totally understandable. But if she has had diabetes for a while, it will be second nature to her and it shouldn't interfere with things too much. I'm sure it will go fine
She’s had diabetes since she was 9, so it’s second nature basically
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (42)
13.04%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (88)
27.33%
I'm a bit unsure (57)
17.7%
I'm finding things difficult (110)
34.16%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
7.76%

Watched Threads