Covid symptoms but fully vaccinated

Watch
summerbirdreads
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have fever, body pain, earache, nausea, headache, even my teeth hurt, I feel extremely tired and I fell asleep on the bathroom floor for 5 hours and I don't even remember going to the bathroom, I also feel dizzy when I stand and my hands are shaking and my entire body is shivering, I don't know whether I lost taste because my mouth has the bitter fever taste.

but the thing is Idk if this is covid symptoms or a combination of fever and not getting enough sleep, but I'm terrified because my health already sucks and immune system is terrible and covid will be extremely detrimental to my medical condition.

so should I get tested? if its positive how bad will it be considering I'm fully vaccinated? vaccine is supposed to reduce the risk right?
Lucifer323
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
I have fever, body pain, earache, nausea, headache, even my teeth hurt, I feel extremely tired and I fell asleep on the bathroom floor for 5 hours and I don't even remember going to the bathroom, I also feel dizzy when I stand and my hands are shaking and my entire body is shivering, I don't know whether I lost taste because my mouth has the bitter fever taste.

but the thing is Idk if this is covid symptoms or a combination of fever and not getting enough sleep, but I'm terrified because my health already sucks and immune system is terrible and covid will be extremely detrimental to my medical condition.

so should I get tested? if its positive how bad will it be considering I'm fully vaccinated? vaccine is supposed to reduce the risk right?
But you can still get infected.
The vaccinations don't prevent infection and transmission of the virus.
However you shouldn't panic and consult your GP as well as getting tested. The symptoms you experience doesn't necessarily mean you have been infected with Sars-Cov-2. It could be the case though.

Again, you shouldn't be terrified but seek medical advise if you are worried. Easy to get if you speak to your doctor.
Last edited by Lucifer323; 2 weeks ago
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As above you can still be infected if you have the vaccination - the point is the vaccination will make the infection less severe if you do catch it. Equally you may have the flu or some other infection which the covid vaccine wouldn't provide any defence against.

As above you should definitely speak with your GP, and try to get a covid test as well, especially if you have underlying conditions.
summerbirdreads
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Lucifer323)
But you can still get infected.
The vaccinations don't prevent infection and transmission of the virus.
However you shouldn't panic and consult your GP as well as getting tested. The symptoms you experience doesn't necessarily mean you have been infected with Sars-Cov-2. It could be the case though.

Again, you shouldn't be terrified but seek medical advise if you are worried. Easy to get if you speak to your doctor.
I'll definitely talk to my GP, I know vaccination don't necessarily prevent covid but it's supposed to reduce the dangers of covid right?

(Original post by artful_lounger)
As above you can still be infected if you have the vaccination - the point is the vaccination will make the infection less severe if you do catch it. Equally you may have the flu or some other infection which the covid vaccine wouldn't provide any defence against.

As above you should definitely speak with your GP, and try to get a covid test as well, especially if you have underlying conditions.
I hope it's just the flu or something else
PilgrimOfTruth
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Just go see your GP because you could have anything. Could be an ear infection for example. Fever is your body's own response to bacteria or virus, a primary defense mechanism so it means your body is fighting something. Fatigue often accompanies these things. You can get a simple free pack of Covid tests at your nearest chemist, very easy to do and worth having a pack around for things like this.

Curious as to how you fell asleep on the bathroom floor, were you already sitting on the floor or lying down in there? Or did you collapse?

If the latter then yes definitely get checked out asap
Gemma_Heath
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i recently had covid even with both vaccs done and it was rough, go take a test if you're unsure and if it comes back neg its probably best to go see a doctor
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
it's supposed to reduce the dangers of covid right?
Correct.

Get a test done: https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

Don't go into your GP in person, if they have symptoms they will send you straight home. Phone your GP surgery and ask for a telephone consultation if you're concerned about your own immune system.
summerbirdreads
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
Just go see your GP because you could have anything. Could be an ear infection for example. Fever is your body's own response to bacteria or virus, a primary defense mechanism so it means your body is fighting something. Fatigue often accompanies these things. You can get a simple free pack of Covid tests at your nearest chemist, very easy to do and worth having a pack around for things like this.

Curious as to how you fell asleep on the bathroom floor, were you already sitting on the floor or lying down in there? Or did you collapse?

(Original post by Gemma_Heath)
i recently had covid even with both vaccs done and it was rough, go take a test if you're unsure and if it comes back neg its probably best to go see a doctor
(Original post by 04MR17)
Correct.

Get a test done: https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

Don't go into your GP in person, if they have symptoms they will send you straight home. Phone your GP surgery and ask for a telephone consultation if you're concerned about your own immune system.
got tested positive and my parents said they'll call my GP
Last edited by summerbirdreads; 1 week ago
summerbirdreads
Rep:
?
(Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)

tbh I have no idea but I don't even remember going to the bathroom but my mum found me sleeping on the floor there
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You could well still have covid, the vaccine doesnt prevent it after all.. otherwise you might have come down with something else, be it the flu, a nasty cold or some other infection. Cant hurt to get covid tested or speak to your doctor if its concerning you, for them to run some other tests?
summerbirdreads
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
You could well still have covid, the vaccine doesnt prevent it after all.. otherwise you might have come down with something else, be it the flu, a nasty cold or some other infection. Cant hurt to get covid tested or speak to your doctor if its concerning you, for them to run some other tests?
I got tested positive and I mentioned that in my previous post actually
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I got tested positive and I mentioned that in my previous post actually
Whoops,. didnt read the other ones, just the op :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (126)
57.01%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (25)
11.31%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (27)
12.22%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (19)
8.6%
I haven't started researching yet (11)
4.98%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
5.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed