Mattress recommendations for stomach sleepers

Watch
Kelty
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello everyone! We are in the market for a new bed. We both are stomach sleepers. Which bed brands/specific brands would you recommend? Obviously, I think a nectar mattress would be best. We thought of getting a Nectar mattress but haven't heard too many good things.
Tracey_W
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Kelty)
Hello everyone! We are in the market for a new bed. We both are stomach sleepers. Which bed brands/specific brands would you recommend? Obviously, I think a nectar mattress would be best. We thought of getting a Nectar mattress but haven't heard too many good things.
Get a good memory foam mattress with thick memory foam on top....... Look at these on eBay as get one for between £140 - £200 a 10"/12" think memory foam mattress with about 4" think memory foam on the top. Have good look through them and pick one that suits you best. I have a 10" memory foam mattress with 4" memory foam foam on top with rest being a based type foam and it does Job for me as got it of eBay.
I'm a NHS registered midwife so obviously I want decent sleep after working and I haven't been let down as I sleep in all positions.

Everybody has own preferences on what to buy.

Emma mattress is supposed to be for this but very expensive !!!

What mattress should I buy if I sleep on my stomach........
A medium, medium firm, or firm mattress is recommended for front sleepers to provide essential support and maintain the natural alignment of the spine. ... Due to the level of support stomach sleepers will need for their spine, it's not recommended to get an overly soft mattress.

What mattress should I buy if I sleep on my stomach......
For this reason, stomach sleepers typically need a mattress with a sturdy support system to maintain an even plane across the surface. Hybrids and innersprings are usually the best bet, though firmer foam or latex beds can also be effective as long as their base layers are strong enough.

What type of mattress is best for stomach and side sleepers..........
Mattress type
Generally speaking, side sleepers do better on foam or softer hybrid mattresses, since they offer more cushioning and pressure relief. Stomach sleepers often need a firmer hybrid or innerspring mattress for better support through the night.
Krobertz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As I know nectar mattresses are a good choice for back pain. Go to talkaboutsleep website where you also get a list of top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
Personally i like the Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress.
Last edited by Krobertz; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (126)
57.01%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (25)
11.31%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (27)
12.22%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (19)
8.6%
I haven't started researching yet (11)
4.98%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
5.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed