Lump in ears after removing piercing

Watch
BrooklynLMK
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I think I f***** up by removing my piercing too early. I did my piercing myself with a gun and after exactly 4 weeks I decided to take it out. Now I’m seeing lumps on the back of my ear and Idk what to do since I didn’t get them professionally done or anything like that
MysticalCreature
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
With a google search hears what I found:
Piercing bumps are small lumps that can appear after a piercing. They often occur following cartilage piercings, such as nose or upper ear piercings. Piercing bumps occur when the body's immune system responds to the wound and initiates the healing response

Cartilage piercings typically take anywhere from 4 to 12 months to heal completely. They heal from the outside in, which means that it may look healed on the outside long before the healing process is actually completely

I also found this on when to see a doctor:

Although minor swelling and redness are typical, more severe symptoms could be a sign of infection.

See your piercer or doctor right away if you’re experiencing:

uncomfortable pain or swelling
unusually thick or smelly discharge
yellow, green, or gray discharge
fever
chills
nausea
vomiting
dizziness
Although you may want to, you shouldn’t remove your jewelry until your symptoms subside. If you take your jewelry out while symptoms are present, it may result in a painful abscess.

Also from having my ears pierced I remember having to clean it 2 to 3 times a day with a saline solution for about 4 months
Last edited by MysticalCreature; 1 week ago
Mhz Stephenson
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BrooklynLMK)
I think I f***** up by removing my piercing too early. I did my piercing myself with a gun and after exactly 4 weeks I decided to take it out. Now I’m seeing lumps on the back of my ear and Idk what to do since I didn’t get them professionally done or anything like that
I think what you're seeing are keloid scars.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (126)
57.01%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (25)
11.31%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (27)
12.22%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (19)
8.6%
I haven't started researching yet (11)
4.98%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
5.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed