afia455
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I got a conditional offer for an apprenticeship, they are making me do a security check and ID check. However, I don't have a drivers licence or provisional licence and my passport is being renewed, do you think that they will wait for my passport to be renewed so I can complete the check? I really don't want to lose this apprenticeship and I just want to know if they'll wait or try to find a way around it. Also is there anyone else who has gone through something similar?
BrainDrain
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by afia455)
I got a conditional offer for an apprenticeship, they are making me do a security check and ID check. However, I don't have a drivers licence or provisional licence and my passport is being renewed, do you think that they will wait for my passport to be renewed so I can complete the check? I really don't want to lose this apprenticeship and I just want to know if they'll wait or try to find a way around it. Also is there anyone else who has gone through something similar?
I think you will be fine if you live at a settled address, don't have a criminal record, and are not an illegal immigrant.
Being young they wont expect you to have a driving license, and due to COVID they will realise the passport department is in a bit of a mess and way behind sending them out.
Well done on the apprenticeship, a brilliant choice for many, and good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (181)
55.52%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (45)
13.8%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (36)
11.04%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (31)
9.51%
I haven't started researching yet (18)
5.52%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed