The Student Room Group

i cant go into uni

im in 3rd year for chemical engineering. i have to commute. ive been depressed my entire uni life. first year was absolutely horrid. i havent got any friends, ive tried. i find it hard to focus in live lectures, i always end up missing things and then the rest of the lecture doesnt make sense to me because i missed 10 seconds.

lockdown literally saved me. online uni became the best thing thats happened to me in regards to university. recorded lectures helped so much.

now im starting 3rd year, my lecturers have stopped uploading lectures online to force us to come in. its been 2 weeks and i havent gone in once because im ******** it but im missing out on so much content and i dont want to fail. what can i do?
(edited 2 years ago)
Start attending your lectures but take it slow. Give yourself time to heal. I would say to forgive, forget, move on from everything that is the source of these thoughts...perhaps traumatic experience just accept it! whats done is done, as I said forgive, forget move on, first to yourself then to others, and give urself time to move on. If mind goes again in the wrong direction first and foremost forgive yourself then politely tell your mind- shhh...just let it go. If you can, sit with urself and meditate on the situations and experiences that you are running away from and when you see yourself doing something wrong(in your meditation as in your past self) or others doing wrong to u just say ITS ok, I forgive,I forget, I move on and I let it go..remember to take it slow everything takes time and if tears come let it flow. This meditation is past self healing meditation.

I would also advice you to sit by yourself alone and talk to the sky or perhaps you can believe that god(any religion u believe) himself is in front of u and just tell him what you've been through, if some1 did wrong to you, what ur mind tells you and how you are feel about these thoughts and others treating u wrongly or other situation, also tell him that you want to improve...like the people in ur life, perhaps how you talk and other habits, plan with him what you want to be and everything else u feel like, just let it all out. I asked to tell all these things looking in the sky or either to god and not therapist or any one else because you won't be judged! Instead, you will be cherished because you are finally opening up.

I would personally recommend to chant Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Ram Hare Ram Ram Ram Hare Hare. Just listen to your mouth chanting and chant lovingly. And start smiling! smile while walking,talking,using phone and working etc. Just chant and be happy. You can also visit ISKCON temple and join Hare Krishnas themselves! And if you want to, you can try vipassana meditation to calm mind. I told you many methods start one by one, taking it slow. All the best for your new life!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Start attending your lectures but take it slow. Give yourself time to heal. I would say to forgive, forget, move on from everything that is the source of these thoughts...perhaps traumatic experience just accept it! whats done is done, as I said forgive, forget move on, first to yourself then to others, and give urself time to move on. If mind goes again in the wrong direction first and foremost forgive yourself then politely tell your mind- shhh...just let it go. If you can, sit with urself and meditate on the situations and experiences that you are running away from and when you see yourself doing something wrong(in your meditation as in your past self) or others doing wrong to u just say ITS ok, I forgive,I forget, I move on and I let it go..remember to take it slow everything takes time and if tears come let it flow. This meditation is past self healing meditation.

I would also advice you to sit by yourself alone and talk to the sky or perhaps you can believe that god(any religion u believe) himself is in front of u and just tell him what you've been through, if some1 did wrong to you, what ur mind tells you and how you are feel about these thoughts and others treating u wrongly or other situation, also tell him that you want to improve...like the people in ur life, perhaps how you talk and other habits, plan with him what you want to be and everything else u feel like, just let it all out. I asked to tell all these things looking in the sky or either to god and not therapist or any one else because you won't be judged! Instead, you will be cherished because you are finally opening up.

I would personally recommend to chant Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Ram Hare Ram Ram Ram Hare Hare. Just listen to your mouth chanting and chant lovingly. And start smiling! smile while walking,talking,using phone and working etc. Just chant and be happy. You can also visit ISKCON temple and join Hare Krishnas themselves! And if you want to, you can try vipassana meditation to calm mind. I told you many methods start one by one, taking it slow. All the best for your new life!

thanks for the advice, but as i am muslim, i cant do the chanting

Quick Reply

Latest