The Student Room Group

bursary and household income form

Hi I was just wondering about the household income assessment form for a student finance application to be based on household income.

I recently sent off my application and I only applied for it because my university required the assessment if you hadn't had your household income details assessed before, as they use the information for their bursary (I've only ever applied for the tuition fee loan so I've never given any financial details).

my question is will student finance assume that I'm applying for the assessment because I want the full amount of the maintenance loan? if so, how do I let them know that I don't want the maintenance loan and the assessment was just for bursary purposes?
Original post by judinevriah54
Hi I was just wondering about the household income assessment form for a student finance application to be based on household income.

I recently sent off my application and I only applied for it because my university required the assessment if you hadn't had your household income details assessed before, as they use the information for their bursary (I've only ever applied for the tuition fee loan so I've never given any financial details).

my question is will student finance assume that I'm applying for the assessment because I want the full amount of the maintenance loan? if so, how do I let them know that I don't want the maintenance loan and the assessment was just for bursary purposes?

Hi there, if you already stated you want £0 Maintenance Loan then there is nothing you need to do.

If you didn't then you can amend your application online and request £0, or complete the form http://ow.ly/d/8pdj and upload it.

Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there, if you already stated you want £0 Maintenance Loan then there is nothing you need to do.

If you didn't then you can amend your application online and request £0, or complete the form http://ow.ly/d/8pdj and upload it.

Thanks, Isaac

thank you very much for your answer! just to clarify, when I applied for a tuition fee loan we had to state whether we wanted the maintenance loan as well and I stated £0, is that what you mean?
Original post by judinevriah54
thank you very much for your answer! just to clarify, when I applied for a tuition fee loan we had to state whether we wanted the maintenance loan as well and I stated £0, is that what you mean?

Yes, that is what I mean. If you already stated £0 - then it's fine.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending