Any joint degrees for geography and art/textiles?

Watch this thread
Georgia1005
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I’m wanting to take either geography or textiles as a degree but was wondering if there’s any way to combine the both? I’ve heard that many unis do joint honours or allow you to take modules outside your course but would this be allowed for two completely different subjects? And does anyone one know places that do this? Any help would be appreciated!
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
You need to check ucas course search although you meet struggle as most universities who offer textiles tend to be former art colleges or polytechnics who often do not offer Geography.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
They are two entirely different subjects and disciplines so its not something any Uni would offer.
Textiles might be something you have to just continue as a hobby.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Art and textiles courses are very focused - it’s very unusual to have any subjects combined with them (except for similar creative subjects).

If you’re not quite sure then I would recommend that you apply for an Art and Design Foundation Diploma at local colleges and universities (looking for somewhere with a textiles pathway/resources). That will give you a chance to study design/textiles full time for a year as a “taster”, give you a qualification and won’t use up your university funding. You can then decide if textiles is something you’d want to study full time as a degree or if you want to switch back to geography for university instead.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (60)
26.91%
As I expected (70)
31.39%
Harder (85)
38.12%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.59%

Watched Threads