WantToTeach95
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi everyone!

I'm applying to teacher training for September 2022.
In the section of the application form for employment history, you need to list all jobs since leaving school. You also have to explain any gaps. I'm not too worried about the gaps as they are all valid reasons. However, I'm a little concerned about looking like a 'job-hopper' as some of my jobs were short-term. This is mostly due to moving or being offered a better position elsewhere. Unfortunately, there's nowhere to indicate the reasons for leaving. Will this affect my application negatively?

Thanks!
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by WantToTeach95)
Hi everyone!

I'm applying to teacher training for September 2022.
In the section of the application form for employment history, you need to list all jobs since leaving school. You also have to explain any gaps. I'm not too worried about the gaps as they are all valid reasons. However, I'm a little concerned about looking like a 'job-hopper' as some of my jobs were short-term. This is mostly due to moving or being offered a better position elsewhere. Unfortunately, there's nowhere to indicate the reasons for leaving. Will this affect my application negatively?

Thanks!
No, it shouldn't make any difference to your application. The important thing is to accurately list all your jobs with the correct dates
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
nah they won't care too much. The main thing is that you've not been banged up or spent time somewhere for which you either cannot or do not want to account.
ThursdaysChild22
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It’s a “safer recruiting” thing. You just have to produce an accurate timeline; doesn’t matter if it’s full of odd jobs and study breaks as long as there isn’t any time that you can’t account for.
WantToTeach95
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Thanks for the responses I feel more reassured now. x
SE179
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
They really won't worry about this, especially in today's employment market.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (310)
57.94%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (75)
14.02%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (59)
11.03%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.41%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed