Name:  matcha and motivation header.PNG
Views: 21
Size:  29.8 KB

Name:  matcha and motivation divider.png
Views: 31
Size:  1.1 KB welcome to my blog! Name:  matcha and motivation divider.png
Size:  1.1 KB

Hi everyone! My name is Wania and I'm pretty new to the Student Room (long time lurker!) so please bear with me while I figure all of this out! I've started this blog because I'm going to be doing my A-Levels next summer and have set really high expectations for myself. I feel like blogging about my experiences will help hold me accountable and allow me to stay motivated. Plus, it'll be great to meet like minded individuals so we can all support each other through these trying times!

Size:  1.1 KB gcses Name:  matcha and motivation divider.png
Spoiler:
Show
  • English Literature
  • English Language
  • Mathematics
  • Biology
  • Physics
  • Chemistry
  • Religious Studies
  • Classical Civilisation
  • German
  • History

Size:  1.1 KB a levels Name:  matcha and motivation divider.png
Spoiler:
Show
  • English Literature
  • Classical Civilisation
  • Religious Studies

Size:  1.1 KB university Name:  matcha and motivation divider.png
Spoiler:
Show
Obviously I'm not at university yet, but I am planning to study Law. Its something that not only have I been interested in for a long time (K-Dramas like Vincenzo have solidified my passion for the subject :laugh:), but seems like a natural progression from my subjects since they all teach the transferrable skills/concepts you'd need in law.

quick links
Spoiler:
Show
nothing here yet but watch this space!

Size:  1.1 KB tag list Name:  matcha and motivation divider.png
Spoiler:
Show
nothing here yet but watch this space!
Last edited by waniasajid; 2 weeks ago
waniasajid
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Views: 14

Views: 34
Size:  1.1 KB 2021/22 goals! Name:  matcha and motivation divider.png

I want to get at least A*AA in my mock exams, which take place at the end of January. My end of year 12 exams were abysmal and do not reflect my ability or work ethic, which led to my predicted grades being lower than I hoped for. While it's too late to change them, I want to prove to myself and my teachers that I am able to do better.

Following on from my first goal, I want to get at least 2 A*s in my A-Levels themselves. I truly feel like if I stop slacking and give it my all I'll be able to, and I hope this blog will aid me in staying on track for that

Obviously I don't know which university I'm going to yet, so there will be some discrepancies in course materials, but I want to do a lot more background reading about law that will aid me later on. A while back, I read an article about Charles Dickens and the Law, which I really enjoyed, since it tied into my love of literature and law, so if you guys have any suggestions for readings in a similar vein, I'd love to know!

Speaking of literature, while this does not directly concern my A-Levels or university course, it is a personal aim of mine to read every book n Harold Bloom's literary canon. If you know what that is, you'll know it's huge and could take upwards of a decade to conquer. Nevertheless, every step counts and I aim to read at least 15 books from the list before I go to university

This goal is kind of different, since I can't work on achieving it anymore, but I would really like to be in the top 7 of the University of Law's Real World Questions essay competition. I submitted my entry back in September so I can't really do anything to change it , but I would love for my essay to have been good enough for a prize.

Since I turn 18 soon (On Halloween! :pwnd:) I'm eligible for jury duty, and while I can't control whether I get selected or not, I really hope I do so I can experience first hand what it is like at court. If not, I would like to attend a court case, which is something you're allowed to do for free as a citizen of the UK, but the pandemic has meant this hasn't been possible recently.

Finally, I want to grow my Youtube channel, through which I aim to document my life as a student. I recently posted a vlog about my LNAT experience and I really enjoy it so I hope to turn it into a regular hobby that many others can enjoy with me.

That's pretty much it! I prefer to work on a few big things than overwhelm myself with a lot of smaller goals, hence only having 7 main ones. I hope this has been inspiring and useful to you!

Attached files
Last edited by waniasajid; 2 weeks ago
waniasajid
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Views: 11

Image i submitted my ucas application! Image

Hi again everyone! My UCAS application finally got submitted yesterday and now all I can do is wait. I'm so impatient, it's not even been 24 hours yet and I'm already hoping to see an offer every time I get a notification. You wait for your girl to text back, I wait for UCAS to send me an email, we are not the same.

As of now only two of my choices have even actually received the application, but a lot of other people at school have started getting offers so I hope I do too soon.

The fact that it's out of my hands and control now is simultaneously relieving and stressful. I know I meet every entry requirement but I worry that the unis might find someone who exceeds them by a lot more/has a more well rounded personal life and choose them over me.

Ah, whatever, I can't do anything about it and it'll be their loss anyway if they don't pick me. If anyone's seeing this, have you gotten any offers yet? If so, I'd love to know what course and uni you applied to!

Views: 13
Size:  1.1 KB my university choices Name:  matcha and motivation divider.png
Views: 13

OXFORD

Course: Law (M100)

Grade Requirements: AAA

On/Off Site Accommodation: Onsite

Interviews: Yes

Examinations: LNAT

YORK

Course: Law and Criminology (M1L6)

Grade Requirements: AAB

Interviews: No, but there will be an online assessment

Examinations: No

WARWICK

Grade Requirements: AAA

Interviews: No

BRUNEL

Course: Law with Criminal Justice with Placement (MCM2)

Grade Requirements: ABB

On/Off Site Accommodation: Offsite

CITY

Grade Requirements: ABB

On/Off Site Accommodation: Offsite

Attached files
Last edited by waniasajid; 1 week ago
username5840191
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by waniasajid)
Image i submitted my ucas application Image

Hi again everyone! My UCAS application finally got submitted yesterday and now all I can do is wait. I'm so impatient, it's not even been 24 hours yet and I'm already hoping to see an offer every time I get a notification. You wait for your girl to text back, I wait for UCAS to send me an email, we are not the same. As of now only two of my choices have even actually received the application, but a lot of other people at school have started getting offers so I hope I do too soon. The fact that it's out of my hands and control now is simultaneously relieving and stressful. I know I meet every entry requirement but I worry that the unis might find someone who exceeds them by a lot more/has a more well rounded personal life and choose them over me. Ah, whatever, I can't do anything about it and it'll be their loss anyway if they don't pick me. If anyone's seeing this, have you gotten any offers yet? If so, I'd love to know what course and uni you applied to!
Let us know if you receive anything!
I am not in the same year as you, but am still reading and wishing you the best of luck
0ptics
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’ve seen lots of amazing aesthetics on TSR’s gyg threads but this beats all of them by a wide margin.

Good luck with your studies
waniasajid
Rep:
?
(Original post by 0ptics)
I’ve seen lots of amazing aesthetics on TSR’s gyg threads but this beats all of them by a wide margin.

Good luck with your studies
Thank you so much! It’s my first time doing this so it means a lot to me <3
waniasajid
Rep:
?
(Original post by Majestic_Willow)
Let us know if you receive anything!
I am not in the same year as you, but am still reading and wishing you the best of luck
Thank you so much! What do you study btw?
xxx0xxxo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nice aesthetic! Throw in some matcha mochi as well 🍡🍵
username5840191
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by waniasajid)
Thank you so much! What do you study btw?
I've just started A levels in Biology, Chemistry and French I miss English Literature a lot, but I love all of my subjects!
waniasajid
Rep:
?
(Original post by xxx0xxxo)
Nice aesthetic! Throw in some matcha mochi as well 🍡🍵
Haha great idea!
waniasajid
Rep:
?
Views: 5

Views: 4
Size:  1.1 KB living up to my blog name Name:  matcha and motivation divider.png

Every fortnight, my timetable screws me over, because I have almost 4 hours free between my lessons. Usually, I just stay in a study room and try to embellish my notes, but today I was feeling particularly demotivated and decided to switch things up a bit and have a study session at a cafe.
It's called Lemonseed and it is the most darling place I have ever seen that doesn't require a Tube to get to. Its quite small, but luckily I found a comfortable place to sit. The only real downside is that they don't provide WiFi, but I didn't need it today since I was working from a print-out, so it didn't really bother me.

Name:  IMG-0315.jpg
Size:  216.1 KB

I need to emphasise how amazing the decor is, they sell crystals, candles and dried flower bouquets as well as the typical cafe foods and drinks. I wanna buy some stuff from here before I go to uni because everything is SO PRETTY
Name:  IMG-0314.jpg
Size:  198.2 KB

Characteristically, I bought a matcha latte, because it's my favourite drink. The matcha they sell here is so flavourful and delicious, and it makes the one from Starbucks taste like absolute dirt. If you've had matcha from a chain and didn't like it, please try it from an independent cafe/make some yourself before permanently writing it off. Plus, they put cute little flowers in mine which I found adorable.
Name:  IMG-0317.jpg
Size:  223.1 KB

I'm sorry, I'm getting off topic. This is a study blog after all. Anyway, my plan was to synthesise a couple of worksheets I had recieved about Seneca and his views on Love and Relationships into notes I could revise from. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before, but in case you didn't catch it, I study Classical Civilisation.

Name:  IMG-0339.jpg
Size:  181.3 KB

Despite being someone whose subjects are all entirely essay based, I hate physically writing out notes because I find it to be a waste of time, and I don't like my handwriting. Instead, I type them up on a Google Doc on my iPad. Its so much more convenient because you can work faster and transfer the information to other documents if necessary with a lot more ease. Admittedly, you don't get the same feeling of absorbing information as you do when writing, but that's okay because much of my other revision, such as making mindmaps to test what I remember, is on paper.
Name:  IMG-0340.jpg
Size:  155.9 KB

Although I had 4 hours to spare, I finished my notes within 1 hour 20 minutes. Since all of my other tasks require the internet to complete, I decided to go back to school and spend the rest of my time doing those. Anyway, this is what my notes look like when they're done.

Name:  IMG-0341.jpg
Size:  174.1 KB

If you enjoyed this post, I have a TikTok showing more here and a more detailed vlog here
Last edited by waniasajid; 3 hours ago
waniasajid
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago

Image i got my first uni offer!!! Image

Hi guys! Short blog post today because I am updating to let you know that I finally received an offer!

It's been a week since I submitted my application and while that isn't really that long of a wait since a lot of people have to wait months, I was getting really impatient so it was a relief to hear someone wanted me.

I don't wanna say who it was just yet, only so I can make a dramatic post once I receive all my offers, but here's some basic details I think you guys might be interested in.

Entry Requirements: ABB
Offer: BBB
Date of Offer: 21/10/2021 (6 days after submission)

Anyway, I'm really happy I finally heard back from someone and I hope you guys do too! Feel free to reply with your choices and offers if you've received any, I'd love to know!
Last edited by waniasajid; 4 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (316)
57.25%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.95%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.23%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (48)
8.7%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.07%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.8%

Watched Threads