Resit marks Watch

This discussion is closed.
Va Va Voom
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
i've just heard that from now on, the marks from the last module you sit are carried forward and not the best mark after resits..apparently it's to minimise the number of resits a person does. does anyone know if there is any truth in this?
Irrational Pi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
****!

It'd better not be true...

I have an ugly suspicion I did worse in my Physics For Life paper today..... (resit)
joesharp
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't think it's true, they said all the old resit rules were dropped as of this year, you used to only be able to resit once.
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah exactly, don't worry, it's not true. You can now resit as many times as you like and the best mark counts.
littleone
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i think that its the best mark of the last two resits that counts!
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh ok,
Magician
Badges: 15
Report 14 years ago
yeah, its the best mark of the last two resits that count.
Total Immortal
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
Yeah exactly, don't worry, it's not true. You can now resit as many times as you like and the best mark counts.
Woooooooooooooo cool :cool:
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mathemagician)
yeah, its the best mark of the last two resits that count.
It might depend on your board. Because i know that for Economics (AQA) You can retake 100 times and choose the best mark out of the 100 resits.
Magician
Badges: 15
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
It might depend on your board. Because i know that for Economics (AQA) You can retake 100 times and choose the best mark out of the 100 resits.

oh i see...

hmm 100 times eh..
Total Immortal
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mathemagician)
oh i see...

hmm 100 times eh..
But then you have to ask yourself.. how many years will you be losing if you keep on re-taking exams?
I've done one set of resits, I have the option of doing them again in the summer, but in the summer I must also do my A2 exams.. I am not sure when the opportunity would arise to resit the summer A2 exams.. but i'm pretty sure it would mean putting a year back to take them again?
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's not true. You used to be able to choose from ur 2 most recent takes... but they changed in 2003 so u can retake as many times as u like...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1129)
79.01%
Leave (300)
20.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed