shaguftahislam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
What SEN the child would have that could impact on their behaviour in social situations and give an example of this
Get into Teaching
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by shaguftahislam)
What SEN the child would have that could impact on their behaviour in social situations and give an example of this
Hello shaguftahislam

Your question is not entirely clear, but I think that the answer will be linked to children identified on the Autistic Spectrum. The National Autistic Society says, Autism is a lifelong developmental disability which affects how people communicate and interact with the world. One in 100 people are on the autism spectrum and there are around 700,000 autistic adults and children in the UK.

Social communication

Autistic people have difficulties with interpreting both verbal and non-verbal language like gestures or tone of voice. Some autistic people are unable to speak or have limited speech while other autistic people have very good language skills but struggle to understand sarcasm or tone of voice. Other challenges include:

- taking things literally and not understanding abstract concepts
- needing extra time to process information or answer questions
- repeating what others say to them (this is called echolalia)
- Social interaction

Autistic people often have difficulty 'reading' other people - recognising or understanding others' feelings and intentions - and expressing their own emotions. This can make it very hard to navigate the social world. Autistic people may:

- appear to be insensitive
- seek out time alone when overloaded by other people
- not seek comfort from other people
- appear to behave 'strangely' or in a way thought to be socially inappropriate
- find it hard to form friendships.

Hope this helps!

Jane
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by shaguftahislam)
Can you provide a bit more context or information about what you're asking? Then you may be able to get more accurate answers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (310)
57.94%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (75)
14.02%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (59)
11.03%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.41%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed