University life to me so far has been an uplifting experience. Right now, I love it

Watch
UnchartedDude18
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I moved in to my accommodation at the University of Lincoln only 4 days ago, and I'm already getting on well with people and meeting up right left and centre. I feel like I'm part of a wider community wherein my wellbeing, and that of others, is looked after by everybody - students and faculty alike.

I'm glad that I took the plunge and decided to give it a go.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This is so nice to read after a deluge of posts voicing disappointments.

So glad that it is going well for you!
UnchartedDude18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by gjd800)
This is so nice to read after a deluge of posts voicing disappointments.

So glad that it is going well for you!
Like all things in this life, some people are suited to X thing, others may be suited to Y or Z; it is largely dependent on personal circumstances and I find attitude is also worth factoring into the judgement.

But thank you. Yeah it's brought me only further out of my shell that's for sure! I had a part time job before this and often worked close to full time hours in the holidays, that helped to pave the way for me being confident enough to attempt an experience such as university.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by UnchartedDude18)
I moved in to my accommodation at the University of Lincoln only 4 days ago, and I'm already getting on well with people and meeting up right left and centre. I feel like I'm part of a wider community wherein my wellbeing, and that of others, is looked after by everybody - students and faculty alike.

Hi

I'm so glad everything is working out for you! It's amazing when you do actually decide to give things a go, how great they can turn out. Good luck with the rest of university

Andrew
Student Rep
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That's great!
tazparis
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
what are the people like? the edgy indie type or mostly middle class people
UnchartedDude18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by tazparis)
what are the people like? the edgy indie type or mostly middle class people
I'd say the people are highly socialable, friendly and approachable - you can quite literally say hi to someone and you'll immediately start chatting. Everyone I have come across is also all smiles, they seem happy and content, like their whole life is coming together.

The atmosphere is akin to a huge support network, where everyone is supporting everyone else. There also doesn't seem to be any kind of judgement, people just accept you for who you are, the way you talk, and the way you choose to dress. And that is just fantastic, it really is.

It can be a nice experience which ever way you look at it.
Last edited by UnchartedDude18; 1 week ago
University of Lincoln
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Hi UnchartedDude18,

We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying university life. We wish you the best on the rest of your journey here at the University of Lincoln.

Thanks,
Olivia
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
This is what I want in life, getting through alevels rn is just difficult
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Hi there,

It's so lovely to see such an uplifting, positive post on TSR. It really shows how each person's university experience is different, and just because someone's had a bad experience at a University, it doesn't mean it'll be the same for everyone.

I hope the rest of your University experience is just as joyful!

Ana
University of Liverpool Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (193)
55.46%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
14.08%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (39)
11.21%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (32)
9.2%
I haven't started researching yet (20)
5.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.31%

Watched Threads