Will exclusions affect a chance of getting into a sixth form/college?

Watch
K_Ahmed
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was recently involved in an unnecessary incident that resulted in myself getting a 3 day exclusion. My family are concerned with my reputation and 'record'. Could anyone confirm that 'student records' will or will not affect my later studies? Thank you.
AnUnkownTeen
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Relax it's not a big deal. In Year 10 I stupidly threw a snowball at a teacher as a joke and got excluded for a day. It won't affect your ability to get into a sixth form. Your grades matter much more. I go to a top grammar school and there have been people expelled for using drugs who got offered scholarships at the best private schools immediately after because they got like all 9s at GCSE.
K_Ahmed
Rep:
Thank you for your reassurance. I'm only in Year 9 and my parents were freaking out because they wanted me to be in the grammar school I go to now and a good college in the future. The reason I was excluded was for getting a PC button stuck with glue even after I tried to wipe it off. I'm pretty sure they would've fixed it by now by just dissembling the case but they want at least 100 pounds for a new PC but again, thank you.
AnUnkownTeen
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
That's actually hilarious. Literally nothing to freak out about. You didn't even harm anyone. If your school wanted to get rid of you, they would have done it ages ago. I've always been the student who lives in the grey area in terms of pushing boundaries (never harming anyone, just thrill seeking), and if the school wanted to they could have got rid of me. If they didn't want you in the school, they'd find a way to get you out. As long as you aren't suspended for like carrying a knife or something, you shouldn't worry at all.
K_Ahmed
Rep:
Update: The school are being considerably quiet since the PC must've been so easy to fix. My friend was even using it during one of our lessons. Thanks for the reassurance and have a good day mate.
greenamy2
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by K_Ahmed)
I was recently involved in an unnecessary incident that resulted in myself getting a 3 day exclusion. My family are concerned with my reputation and 'record'. Could anyone confirm that 'student records' will or will not affect my later studies? Thank you.
I got excluded for 3 weeks in high school and now I got accepted easily into 5 sixth forms I think your head of year will write a type of letter of recommendation so just be well behaved like I did for the last year of secondary and they will write a good one
K_Ahmed
Rep:
(Original post by greenamy2)
I got excluded for 3 weeks in high school and now I got accepted easily into 5 sixth forms I think your head of year will write a type of letter of recommendation so just be well behaved like I did for the last year of secondary and they will write a good one
Thanks for the reassurance
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (20)
8.93%
Okay (65)
29.02%
A bit lacking (84)
37.5%
Not good at all (55)
24.55%

Watched Threads