MSc Sport Management - MMU vs University of Liverpool

Watch this thread
Tashriq
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi everyone,

I have received conditional offers from both Manchester Metropolitan University and University of Liverpool for the MSc Sport Business and Management programs. I really like the course units and affordability at MMU and on the other hand University of Liverpool has a much higher ranking, more prestige but also more expensive. Which university should I opt for?

Would really appreciate some advice on this
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Tashriq)
Hi everyone,

I have received conditional offers from both Manchester Metropolitan University and University of Liverpool for the MSc Sport Business and Management programs. I really like the course units and affordability at MMU and on the other hand University of Liverpool has a much higher ranking, more prestige but also more expensive. Which university should I opt for?

Would really appreciate some advice on this
HI Tashriq

Congratulations on receiving offers from us and The University of Liverpool, that is great! It can be really tricky to decide which university will be right for you, i thought it might help if i tell you a bit about our university and course.

Manchester is a world-renowned sporting city. Home to two internationally recognised football clubs and other major sporting venues, the city is a destination for all things sport. You will be based in our business school and our Manchester institute of Sport. Our Business school holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world. Our new institute of Sport unites expertise from across the University, creating a home for sport education, research and partnerships at Manchester Met

Unlike similar courses in the UK, we’ll help you to get to grips with sport policy. We cover wellbeing, individual, social, community and economic development. We have an excellent standard of teaching and you will learn from a team with a wealth of industry and research experience in a variety of sporting areas such as policy, marketing and mega-events.

We work closely with key industry organisations across the globe, including the likes of UK Sport, The International Olympic Committee (IOC) and FIFA, as well as the local organising committees of the London 2012 and Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, and the Qatar 2022 World Cup. Furthermore, the University maintains strong links to high profile sports clubs and bodies, such as Manchester United FC and Manchester City FC, the National Football Museum, and the English Institute of Sport.

On our course you will also have the opportunity to gain useful work experience through the Business School’s Postgraduate Internship Programme. With a short-term internship, not only will you show potential employers that you’re ready to get to work, you’ll also gain some vital experience and make some valuable connections for your professional network. While an internship involves at least 100 hours of work, starting any time between November and early August, how you do those hours is flexible. You could work full time during a break in your studies, or you might do a day or two a week throughout term time, fitting it around your studies.

I hope some of this helps! We also have some Open days coming up that you may want to attend to get more of a feel for the university.

Our open days are a great opportunity to find out more about postgraduate study at Manchester Met. You can speak to tutors and current students, attend subject talks and activities, and discover more about student finance, student support, careers and much more. We host events on our campus as well as completely virtual open days. Our next on campus open day is the 17th of November and our next virtual open day is the 22nd of January 2022. You can book your place here: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/study/open-days/postgraduate

Good luck with everything!
Carly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (141)
40.52%