Apprenticeship degree or full study degree?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I was just wondering which one I should apply to depending on my circumstances, I’m just curious as to which one is better and more beneficial for employment after graduating? most people have said apprenticeship degree but if that’s so why does the fully study uni degree even exist especially since you get no fee funds plus you get skills and the same degree as a person who would’ve attended normally…

Furthermore the course I’m studying is newly created and other universities don’t really have it, so does that affect this decision making? And will I get the same help and support with my study work the same level as a normal student?
josie71202
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I was just wondering which one I should apply to depending on my circumstances, I’m just curious as to which one is better and more beneficial for employment after graduating? most people have said apprenticeship degree but if that’s so why does the fully study uni degree even exist especially since you get no fee funds plus you get skills and the same degree as a person who would’ve attended normally…

Furthermore the course I’m studying is newly created and other universities don’t really have it, so does that affect this decision making? And will I get the same help and support with my study work the same level as a normal student?
you will get exactly the same help as a normal student. Degree apprenticeships tend to give more experience and usually offer you a job after your apprenticeship.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Hi!
There is no set answer for this question. Employment after graduation is based on a lot of different factors so it's hard to compare the 2.
With an apprenticeship degree they may keep you on after you finish your studying, meaning that you would have a job after you graduate (provided you accept the offer).
One of the massive benefits of a full study uni degree is the experience of uni. For most people, this is the first time that they have lived away from home and the skills that this teaches you are so important in life. You learn so much more independence and get an experience that you wouldn't necessarily get from doing an apprenticeship.
Also, apprenticeship degrees tend to be longer as you are only studying part time so a course that would be 3 years of full time study may be 6 years in an apprenticeship.
There are pros and cons for both degrees and only you can make the decision on which you think would suit you better. I would suggest you do some more research into it and see which you feel would fit your lifestyle and what you want to get out of your degree.
Hope this helps!
Michaela - UoP Rep
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What degree courses would you be looking at for the apprenticeship and for the university option? I think that can make a lot of difference.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (193)
55.46%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
14.08%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (39)
11.21%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (32)
9.2%
I haven't started researching yet (20)
5.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.31%

Watched Threads