weight loss

Watch
Xyzwx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Last month i was on a calorie deficit of 1235 calories a day, i’m into weight training and i go to the gym 5x a week including rest days and enough cardio, and i was loosing weight at a very good rate maybe for 11 days i lost 7lbs (when i first started). then went to a music festival and ate probably rubbish for 3 days and was burning a ton aswell but i gained 3lbs. when i came back to that same calorie deficit i wasn’t able to loose any weight, i tried zig zag diet but a month later still no difference. Any help on how i can loose weight again?
TheLostStudent69
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I was a obese person in my childhood I used to eat lots of junk food and never really did any exercise. But after some time I began losing weight after I changed my routine and cut down on junk food and started to eat homemade food. Don’t be fooled with the idea that eating salads will make you lose weight. Try to eat less but fuller meals. And try to pick a day that you could fast on with these practices your stomach will adjust to the changes and you will automatically feel full after eating enough food unlike before and with this you can lose weight I went from being 84 kg to 73kg. As for exercise try walking regularly ideally while listening to music as you forget that your doing exercise. Or play basketball or any other team sports as when you have fun your mindset changes and you don’t feel pain while exercising
Last edited by TheLostStudent69; 2 weeks ago
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Xyzwx)
Last month i was on a calorie deficit of 1235 calories a day, i’m into weight training and i go to the gym 5x a week including rest days and enough cardio, and i was loosing weight at a very good rate maybe for 11 days i lost 7lbs (when i first started). then went to a music festival and ate probably rubbish for 3 days and was burning a ton aswell but i gained 3lbs. when i came back to that same calorie deficit i wasn’t able to loose any weight, i tried zig zag diet but a month later still no difference. Any help on how i can loose weight again?
the 1st week was probably just water weight. A month is too soon to make conclusions so just keep going. Also if ur doing weight training, it could be body recomposition. meaning ur muscle mass is increasing but also ur losing fat. which means that ur weight wont change as much atm.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Xyzwx)
If you had a genuine energy deficit of 1235kCal.day, you'd be losing weight. To do otherwise would be to cheat the laws of physics. You clearly don't have the energy deficit you think you do.

I'd keep an accurate, weighted food diary for seven days minimum and analyse it, to see exactly how much energy you're consuming, compared to how much you think you are. By 'accurate', I mean literally everything that passes your lips. Proper analysis software is a much better tool to quantify this diary than something like myfitnesspal, which is pretty crap, truth be told. Nutritics has a 7-day free trial of their nutrition software (this software is used by nutrition and dietetic professionals), and this has a very comprehensive database on all commonly-consumed foods in the UK. Other nutrition analysis software exists.

By properly and accurately analysing your intake, you'll be able to see where your energy is coming from and what actual deficit you're running. You can then plan forwards, from an accurate, scientific background.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (227)
56.75%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (51)
12.75%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (45)
11.25%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
9%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.5%

Watched Threads