The Student Room Group
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle

Official Cumbria University 2022 Applicant Thread

Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Cumbria University for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Hi I am applying to do occuaptional therapy next year!
Looking foreward to it :smile:
I am currently doing history, business and sociology
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle
Original post by sunsetlover321
Hi I am applying to do occuaptional therapy next year!
Looking foreward to it :smile:
I am currently doing history, business and sociology

Me too! Which campus?
I'm studying sociology, english and health and social care
Original post by pearllkitten
Me too! Which campus?
I'm studying sociology, english and health and social care

Fusehill - are you looking to do occupational therapy too?
I have an interview date for the 1st of December at half 9.
Do you think there will be a group task or not? - the information I had seen on the website said so but idk if this is the case with virtual interviews.
information from website is below :smile:
https://www.cumbria.ac.uk/study/courses/undergraduate/occupational-therapy/interview.php
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Hello!! I’m actually going to be an international student, and I’m applying for film and media studies :smile: Im actually not studying right now as I’m saving up for uni but my major in school was media and journalism
Original post by Ant-mey
Hello!! I’m actually going to be an international student, and I’m applying for film and media studies :smile: Im actually not studying right now as I’m saving up for uni but my major in school was media and journalism

Wow that is so cool!
Which country are you from?
What kind of job do you want when you graduate?
Reply 6
Hi,
I am applying to the primary teaching (3-11) course at the Lancaster campus for next year. I am not sure if this is the University I will attend as I am applying to other Universities as well.
I am going to be living and home and then commuting. What will everyone else be doing?
Original post by is.jenk
Hi,
I am applying to the primary teaching (3-11) course at the Lancaster campus for next year. I am not sure if this is the University I will attend as I am applying to other Universities as well.
I am going to be living and home and then commuting. What will everyone else be doing?

I have applied for occupational therapy at Fusehill campus.
I will be staying in accomodation though as I do not live nearby (3+ hours away)
Reply 8
I have applied for occupational therapy at Fusehill campus.
I will be staying in accomodation though as I do not live nearby (3+ hours away)

Wow! that sounds really intresting
I live about half an hour away from the Lancaster campus so it is easier to live at home and drive (when I pass my test)
Original post by is.jenk
Wow! that sounds really intresting
I live about half an hour away from the Lancaster campus so it is easier to live at home and drive (when I pass my test)

Thank you!
Have you applied yet?
I have and waiting for an interview on the 1st December :smile:
Thank you!
Have you applied yet?
I have and waiting for an interview on the 1st December :smile:

No, not yet. My sixth form wants us to have our applications and personal statements done by this Friday (my birthday 🥳) and then we can submit them if they do not have any mistakes
I have my personal statement and application done so I just need to wait and see what they say 🤞
Are you preparing for the interview? Are you nervous? I am so nervous about interviews. I have heard for the teaching one that you have to prepare something so that scares me 😣😂
Original post by is.jenk
No, not yet. My sixth form wants us to have our applications and personal statements done by this Friday (my birthday 🥳) and then we can submit them if they do not have any mistakes
I have my personal statement and application done so I just need to wait and see what they say 🤞
Are you preparing for the interview? Are you nervous? I am so nervous about interviews. I have heard for the teaching one that you have to prepare something so that scares me 😣😂

I am preparing - done some notes on what they sent me.
They will usually send stuff so do not worry :smile:
I am a little nervous but if you do not understand something, just say "Im sorry I do not understand what you mean, can you repeat that for me?"
I received help from teachers so I would say that helps :smile:
I am preparing - done some notes on what they sent me.
They will usually send stuff so do not worry :smile:
I am a little nervous but if you do not understand something, just say "Im sorry I do not understand what you mean, can you repeat that for me?"
I received help from teachers so I would say that helps :smile:

Thank you, this helps and makes me feel better about it. I will just plan a lot and hope it works 🤞
I am quite a shy, anxious and not very confident person so that's why I am extra worried about it
Good luck with your interview- I am sure it will go well 😊🙌🤞
Original post by is.jenk
Thank you, this helps and makes me feel better about it. I will just plan a lot and hope it works 🤞
I am quite a shy, anxious and not very confident person so that's why I am extra worried about it

Thank you have it this morning.
Feeling nervous as it is the first one I will ever do but hoping they put me at ease.
I will tell you how I get on once it is over :smile:
Original post by is.jenk

I did the interview and I think it went okayish.
I got asked questions I had no clue on and she kept telling me to elaborate.
I do not think I will get offered a place as she kept telling me to elaborate :frown:
I did the interview and I think it went okayish.
I got asked questions I had no clue on and she kept telling me to elaborate.
I do not think I will get offered a place as she kept telling me to elaborate :frown:

aww I am sure it went better than you thought
fingers crossed for you 🤞
Is it very competitive the course you are looking at?
If it isn't competitive than you hopefully will get a place
I had a mock today in psychology which I think went okay- it went better than I thought
I have another mock tomorrow which is making me nervous but will hopefully go okay
Original post by is.jenk
I had a mock today in psychology which I think went okay- it went better than I thought
I have another mock tomorrow which is making me nervous but will hopefully go okay

I have mocks next week as well :frown:
I think occupational therapy is competitive but idk....
There is a shortage in the UK mind you.
There were lots of positive things that were good but one bit was not brilliant - I had to make everything up and she kept asking me to elaborate.
Original post by is.jenk

Thank you! :smile:
I hope your interview goes well too.
More support than any of my teachers or classmates - one teacher said that I should reconsider my options which was very rude of her and then she walked off...
Thank you! :smile:
I hope your interview goes well too.
More support than any of my teachers or classmates - one teacher said that I should reconsider my options which was very rude of her and then she walked off...

wow! I can't believe that your teacher said that! I bet it went better than you think.
My mock today didn't go too bad and it was the one that I was dreading but now I am dreading my English which is tomorrow- eek
I hope your mocks go okay. what subjects are they in?
Original post by is.jenk
wow! I can't believe that your teacher said that! I bet it went better than you think.
My mock today didn't go too bad and it was the one that I was dreading but now I am dreading my English which is tomorrow- eek
I hope your mocks go okay. what subjects are they in?

I know she was so rude.
I will tell you if I get an offer or not - more surprised if I do tbh...
I am studying sociology, history and business what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending