The Student Room Group

OCTOBER 2021 A level Maths Edexcel Paper 1

I realised no one made a thread for October 2021 so i made one so we can discuss. I found it an okay paper i didn’t revise integration and differentiation as much as i should’ve but i’m glad there wasn’t that many questions on it even though it will more than made up for in the next paper then. From what i’m hearing a consensus of the paper amongst my friends was that it was an easy paper. How did you guys find it?
Original post by sumayaegl
I realised no one made a thread for October 2021 so i made one so we can discuss. I found it an okay paper i didn’t revise integration and differentiation as much as i should’ve but i’m glad there wasn’t that many questions on it even though it will more than made up for in the next paper then. From what i’m hearing a consensus of the paper amongst my friends was that it was an easy paper. How did you guys find it?

I didn’t find it easy, I understood the first half but there were so many places it could have gone wrong.
Reply 2
No way it was easy. The timing was awful
The second question ??? What was that?? and also part b of the sketch the graphs question where there was f(x) something 3. What was that :frown:(
Original post by Imcrying21
The second question ??? What was that?? and also part b of the sketch the graphs question where there was f(x) something 3. What was that :frown:(

What was the second Q? Also sketch the graph? I don’t remember that one either or was it the min points of the Quadratic?
Original post by Digigames
What was the second Q? Also sketch the graph? I don’t remember that one either or was it the min points of the Quadratic?

It was an equation to the power of 5
It was an equation to the power of 5

An equation the the power of 5? What was the topic or was it an iteration one i can’t remember any to the power of 5 are you sure that you were on edexcell? Or was it AQA
(edited 2 years ago)
An equation the the power of 5? What was the topic or was it an iteration one i can’t remember any to the power of 5 are you sure that you were on edexcell? Or was it AQA

It was edexcel IAL. It was the second question
It was edexcel IAL. It was the second question

Ohhh IAL I didn’t do the international one.

The paper was okay but time was not enough. I loose full around 30 marks because I did,t do last few questions. BTW how many mask for the Q 15 and Q9
Reply 10
Original post by Kanishka02
The paper was okay but time was not enough. I loose full around 30 marks because I did,t do last few questions. BTW how many mask for the Q 15 and Q9

i can’t remember what question 9 was but question 15 was the proof question right? the one where it had proof by exhaustion. There were two parts so i think it was 7 marks but i might be wrong though.
i can’t remember what question 9 was but question 15 was the proof question right? the one where it had proof by exhaustion. There were two parts so i think it was 7 marks but i might be wrong though.

Question nine was the partial fractions question

Also , was there any vector questions ? I can’t remember ?
Reply 13
yes there was one question it had two parts i think it was all together 5 marks
Reply 14
Question 15 was 6 marks I think, two for the proof by exhaustion and 4 for proof by contradiction.
Original post by np1908
Question 15 was 6 marks I think, two for the proof by exhaustion and 4 for proof by contradiction.

It was 7 I’m pretty sure it was 3 for the exhaustion one.
I think the vectors one was two marks each. I did the first half but didn't get on to the second one as I thought i'd have time in the end to go over it in the end.I don't know about everyone but a lot of the Questions I seemed to miss out parts of them other than. The first one, also the one where you had to estimate the profit for the business, the Partial fractions, circle one, the iteration and the first Quadratic. what about you guys?
I think the vectors one was two marks each. I did the first half but didn't get on to the second one as I thought i'd have time in the end to go over it in the end.I don't know about everyone but a lot of the Questions I seemed to miss out parts of them other than. The first one, also the one where you had to estimate the profit for the business, the Partial fractions, circle one, the iteration and the first Quadratic. what about you guys?

same man, the realisation when i got home , it was agonising...
is this edexcel international alevels or regular uk ones?

Quick Reply

Latest