University of Birmingham A101 2022 Entry

Watch
Emm17___
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Got my interview through yesterday morning! Anyone have any idea what to expect for the timed calculations test?
palma_waves
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone heard back this week? Getting quite anxious as I haven't heard anything back yet 😅
Orla.W
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Anyone wanna share how they plan to prep for the calculation test - can’t find much on what to expect?
Kmur
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hopefulmedic15)
Called admissions and they said they’re still expecting to give out more batches of interviews so don’t lose hope if you’ve not heard yet!
Do you have the number for admissions you called? I can't find contact information anywhere. Assuming by now if I haven't heard it's a solid no.
Hopefulmedic15
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Kmur If you call the main switchboard and ask for the admissions office they can put you through 0121 414 3344 - please let us know what they say! And if you could ask for the cutoff score that would be good to know as well
Last edited by Hopefulmedic15; 1 month ago
Sprocket999
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Just received an faq email about the maths test. It was in my junk folder, so just letting everyone know just in case.
Last edited by Sprocket999; 1 month ago
Kmur
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hopefulmedic15)
Kmur If you call the main switchboard and ask for the admissions office they can put you through 0121 414 3344 - please let us know what they say! And if you could ask for the cutoff score that would be good to know as well
I'll try today, though I imagine they'll tell me they can't comment on specific cases. In theory my score should have been 18.9 but I wonder if they are more specific this year ie on UCAT score which mine was very average..
Cheahr
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi guys,
In my speedwell system, I have an ‘exams not taken’ labelled with ‘Medicine Admissions Calculation Station Candidate Test 2021-2022’ .
Is this the test version that I could access now and as many times as I wish?
Sabrina__
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes it is, but i was only able to access it for 30 minutes and it only contains 2 questions so it's not very representative of what we'll be given in the real one
aliyah.04x
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Cheahr)
Hi guys,
In my speedwell system, I have an ‘exams not taken’ labelled with ‘Medicine Admissions Calculation Station Candidate Test 2021-2022’ .
Is this the test version that I could access now and as many times as I wish?
yh i just did it, it was like 2 questions but they said it won’t even be like the real thing
FionaAAAAAA
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeh just did the maths section, it was basic tbh but apparently real thing will be different. I don’t expect it to be that different I think maybe it’ll be harder because this didn’t require too much thinking or a calculator. Good Luck everyone🤙
mexicanjesus
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Does anyone know if it'll be multiple choice?
aspiringmedic22
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by aliyah.04x)
yh i just did it, it was like 2 questions but they said it won’t even be like the real thing
Does you know how many questions there'll be in the real one
kiranshukla
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by aspiringmedic22)
Does you know how many questions there'll be in the real one
I think it’s 8 questions
Cheahr
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Is everyone has the same calculation test time?
Mine was 11am just now.
I did not submit until the times up, because I know the system will save my answers when time is up. Correct?
Jay-Harper
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Mine was 11am just now.
I did not submit until the times up, because I know the system will save my answers when time is up. Correct?
I just clicked finished after reviewing my answers, think you can do it either way
R.KAUR2000
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Mine was 11am just now.
"What will happen if I have used up all my time and have not submitted my answers? Will all my work be lost?
- The system will automatically submit the questions you have answered if time runs out."

This was written in the PDF document sent to us in the email, so your answers would have been saved
KaLi-JaDe
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Did anyone notice how the second section of the calculation test specified to answer in whole numbers at the bottom of the text but also said one decimal place above the answer box? I wasn't sure which text to follow so I'm worried I've gotten the answers wrong now.
Last edited by KaLi-JaDe; 2 weeks ago
jfuturesea
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by KaLi-JaDe)
Did anyone notice how the second section of the calculation test specified to answer in whole numbers at the bottom of the text but also said one decimal place above the answer box? I wasn't sure which text to follow so I'm worried I've gotten the answers wrong now.
yes, I don't know how much we're allowed / should say on here, but I certainly found that (and a couple of other things) confusing. good luck with it all - time to put it behind us and focus on prep for the interview now!
Sprocket999
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by KaLi-JaDe)
Yeah I saw that. It had a question in the text as well. It looks like they copied the information for a previous exam question and forgot to edit it to remove the question and answer instructions.

It threw me off as well, but I just went through the questions and saw it was on each on so ignored it and just answered the ABCD questions in red.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (17)
7.36%
October 2021 (112)
48.48%
November 2021 (23)
9.96%
December 2021 (31)
13.42%
January 2021 (20)
8.66%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (22)
9.52%