The Student Room Group

University of Birmingham A101 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

I emailed them and they replied to say they'll accept either form of the answer, which is a relief. Good luck with your revision prep!
Reply 41
Am I correct that there will be two interview stations plus one role play station?
Reply 42
Does anyone going to have interview this week? Or has anybody already completed the interview? How was it?
Reply 43
Original post by Cheahr
Am I correct that there will be two interview stations plus one role play station?

I think it is just one interview station and one role play!
Reply 44
Original post by annab64
I think it is just one interview station and one role play!

Yes, two stations. I also read on the A100 2022 thread although I am not applying to A100. I am not sure at this stage what to prepare tbh. What should I focus now guys?
Hi everyone, does anyone know if Birmingham have a waiting list or is it just offer/rejection?
Reply 46
Original post by Stephie96
Hi everyone, does anyone know if Birmingham have a waiting list or is it just offer/rejection?

Just offer/rejection I believe
Reply 47
Are the A100 and A101 interviews scored differently by different panels?
Original post by annab64
Just offer/rejection I believe

feels like extra pressure then! 😩 fingers crossed it’s the former
How did everyone find their interviews? Seems all those who filled in the Google Sheet had theirs today.

I was fairly happy with mine. A lot less stressful then I had imagined. Only having two stations was fairly nice as well.
Original post by Sprocket999
How did everyone find their interviews? Seems all those who filled in the Google Sheet had theirs today.

I was fairly happy with mine. A lot less stressful then I had imagined. Only having two stations was fairly nice as well.

I've got mine tomorrow! What's the Google sheet? It's reassuring to hear a positive review - I'd been looking at the A100 thread and everyone there seemed to be saying it was horrendous 😂
Original post by Sprocket999

I hope yours went well. I found my interviewers really pleasant and felt that they were on my side. I know I really properly messed up a couple of answers, even as I said then I realised I’d totally messed up but then panicked and didn’t know whether to backtrack or not (I didn’t). So I doubt I’ll be offered a place, but it was well worth it for the experience. Overall a lot less stressful than I thought it would be. They all seemed lovely.
Original post by Emm17___
I've got mine tomorrow! What's the Google sheet? It's reassuring to hear a positive review - I'd been looking at the A100 thread and everyone there seemed to be saying it was horrendous 😂

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hUWXlwj12Uqf9De4613Ni3MrQQeIWTAq7M3koXUG4yM/edit#gid=1096770978

Not sure who made it, but it’s been posted in other GEM threads.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by jfuturesea
I hope yours went well. I found my interviewers really pleasant and felt that they were on my side. I know I really properly messed up a couple of answers, even as I said then I realised I’d totally messed up but then panicked and didn’t know whether to backtrack or not (I didn’t). So I doubt I’ll be offered a place, but it was well worth it for the experience. Overall a lot less stressful than I thought it would be. They all seemed lovely.

I found one of my interviewers lovely and one very abrupt and kind of cold - was thinking it was a test of resilience but now reading your post think maybe I just didn’t do very well in that section!
Well done to everyone who’s had theirs
(edited 2 years ago)
Pre-interview rejection came through around 9:30 today! Was expecting it so not really disappointed - it may mean post interview decisions are coming soon too
People on the A100 thread started to get offers through this afternoon.

Good luck everyone 🤞
Have people been rejected post interview yet?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by aspiringmedic22
Have people been rejected post interview yet?

Doesn’t look like it. Only three people have offers and all notified via UCAS not UoB.

Someone rang the admissions and was told they aim to get back to everyone within 3 weeks, so it’s not clear if they’ve actually started properly sending them out yet.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 58
Hi all,

Congrats to everyone that received interviews etc and best of luck with everything

I am currently in my second year of the GEC programme at Birmingham so if you have any questions about Birmingham/the grad med programme I'm happy to answer them

I also just wanted to update you all and this thread with an update that we received from the university today about them closing the grad programme for good in the coming years - it won't affect your applications, but I believe from the email it sounds like they're closing it from 2023/24 cycle (it's a real shame)

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 20.31.49.png
Reply 59
Original post by SS869
Hi all,

Congrats to everyone that received interviews etc and best of luck with everything

I am currently in my second year of the GEC programme at Birmingham so if you have any questions about Birmingham/the grad med programme I'm happy to answer them

I also just wanted to update you all and this thread with an update that we received from the university today about them closing the grad programme for good in the coming years - it won't affect your applications, but I believe from the email it sounds like they're closing it from 2023/24 cycle (it's a real shame)

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 20.31.49.png

Thanks very much for posting this - it's massively disappointing for me as I was planning on deferring and would now be faced with a very difficult decision if I was made an offer.

Has anyone received a post-interview decision yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending