Barts and the London (QMUL) A101 2022 Entry

Watch
JoeTSR
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Grrr - just got an email where the only bit of subject that showed up was 'SMD Admissions' 'You're invited to our medicine interview' - turns out it was an interview prep seminar! Why do they do subject lines like this!
roseugh
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I know ahaha slightly heartbreaking to open it and see the rest. I don’t think we can even go to the prep session unless you lie about still being at school?
JoeTSR
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by roseugh)
I know ahaha slightly heartbreaking to open it and see the rest. I don’t think we can even go to the prep session unless you lie about still being at school?
I think it just says 'aimed at' (and there's a section on the form to state whether you're a student/teacher/parent/carer) - so you can still go, but they'll be targeting the content at questions re things like the 2 weeks work experience you did in a care home/where you travelled to on your gap year.
fumz19
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JoeTSR)
I think it just says 'aimed at' (and there's a section on the form to state whether you're a student/teacher/parent/carer) - so you can still go, but they'll be targeting the content at questions re things like the 2 weeks work experience you did in a care home/where you travelled to on your gap year.
But there's a but that asks you what year you're I'm and it only has up to year 13 with no other options
Hopefulmedic15
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’ve not received this email and I applied to both medicine courses 😅 hopefully not a sign
fumz19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hopefulmedic15)
I’ve not received this email and I applied to both medicine courses 😅 hopefully not a sign
Check your spam cos that's where mine went to.
Hopefulmedic15
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fumz19)
Check your spam cos that's where mine went to.
It wasn’t in there either but has now arrived in my main inbox!
MsWho
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
But there's a but that asks you what year you're I'm and it only has up to year 13 with no other options
Has anyone signed up to it? I don’t really know what to put as like you said we can’t really put our university
JoeTSR
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Ah, I see what you mean. I think if you just put either 'N/A' or 'graduate' in the school name (perhaps with y9 so it sticks out in their stats so they can update it for future years), that should be fine.
sandyb1996
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
QM determined to give me a heart attack, second email titled "QMUL admissions" then "sorry we cannot offer you a place ON OUR WEBINAR".
Anxiety I tell you
nyckelharpa
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It's SOOOOOOO LOOOOONG!
Oliva43215
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Anyone know when they’re supposed to start sending out interview invites?
nyckelharpa
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Oliva43215)
"Hopefully by the end of December but if not the first week in January" - from the webinar.

(I don't know why I'm getting so exercised given I'm pretty much guaranteed a rejection - 2840 B2 plus I only have a 2:1 albeit for an Honours degree. Catastrophe!!)
carrotmuncher
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Oliva43215)
I think in an 'application acknowledgement' email SMD admissions sent (dated 14th Oct) - it stated that shortlisted applicants are contacted on December 23rd?
Not sure how accurate this is though???
Oliva43215
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by carrotmuncher)
I think in an 'application acknowledgement' email SMD admissions sent (dated 14th Oct) - it stated that shortlisted applicants are contacted on December 23rd?
Not sure how accurate this is though???
Yeah it does say that but then in the same email states that all formal interview invitations will be sent out between mid-December and early January so idk hahah. I guess between that and what was said at the Webinar we can be sure that it will be early Jan at the latest but there doesn't seem to be a set date.
Larapolat
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Got an invite for the 5 year a100 course today. still waiting on the a101! Wonder if its gonna come today too??
Jaydlily
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Larapolat)
Got an invite for the 5 year a100 course today. still waiting on the a101! Wonder if its gonna come today too??
i’m in the same position as you
what’s your stats?
Larapolat
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jaydlily)
i’m in the same position as you
what’s your stats?
2870 b1, 1st class in biochem. Not expecting one for the grad tbh cus My score is at the cutoff for last year
Jaydlily
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Larapolat)
2870 b1, 1st class in biochem. Not expecting one for the grad tbh cus My score is at the cutoff for last year
oh right! i’m sure you’re still in with a good chance
i’m in a similar position though with 1st class in biomed and 2880
Medswlon
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jaydlily)
oh right! i’m sure you’re still in with a good chance
i’m in a similar position though with 1st class in biomed and 2880
I’m in the same place too… Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (17)
7.23%
October 2021 (116)
49.36%
November 2021 (23)
9.79%
December 2021 (31)
13.19%
January 2021 (20)
8.51%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (22)
9.36%