Barts and the London (QMUL) A101 2022 Entry

Watch
Larapolat
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by happinessx)
I applied to both A101 and A100, I heard back from A100 for invite to interview on 22nd Dec
I applied to both as well, only had an invite from a100 so far but not expecting one from a101 with 2870
melina123971
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by happinessx)
I applied to both A101 and A100, I heard back from A100 for invite to interview on 22nd Dec
That's great, congrats, do you mind me asking what your stats are?
dennm078
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Do we think it’ll be this week…?
nyckelharpa
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by dennm078)
Do we think it’ll be this week…?
Almost definitely. In the webinar they said they would try to get everything our by Christmas but that if they didn't manage it it would would be this week at the latest.

I (can't believe I) got an invite for A100 on the 22nd December so they're definitely on it. <3
melina123971
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nyckelharpa)
Almost definitely. In the webinar they said they would try to get everything our by Christmas but that if they didn't manage it it would would be this week at the latest.

I (can't believe I) got an invite for A100 on the 22nd December so they're definitely on it. <3
Congrats!!! What are your stats?
nyckelharpa
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by melina123971)
Congrats!!! What are your stats?
UCAT 2840 B2
UCAS tariff 300 (A-levels: A*, A , A, A, B; 2 x Grade 8 instruments)
4 year BMus(Hons) 2:1 ( I mention the length because they specifically asked for clarification. I don't know if they're counting it as a Master's because of the "Honours" bit)
dennm078
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago

That’s fantastic, congrats!
nyckelharpa
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by dennm078)
That’s fantastic, congrats!
Thanks!
roseprincessx
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I think I'm going to get rejected i haven't heard from A101 or A100
it's a shame because i'm already a qmul student
sandyb1996
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Please end our pain 😭 email Email EMAIL
carrotmuncher
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
no news is good news! let's hang in there - we got this
vasya_99
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by carrotmuncher)
no news is good news! let's hang in there - we got this
On the other QMUL threda (for A101 and A100) somebody mentioned they contacted the office and apparently they are aiming to send out info (shortlisting, interviews, etc.) by the 7th of January. Fingers crossed we all get an interview!
anony13
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Dumb question, but what exactly is the distinction between being short-listed and being invited to interview? Or are they the same? Thanks!
vasya_99
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by anony13)
Dumb question, but what exactly is the distinction between being short-listed and being invited to interview? Or are they the same? Thanks!
Shortlisting means they email you I think saying they intend to email you - it might be a different email from the actual interview offer email. For example, I have seen other universities say things along the lines of "we want to interview you but have no spots until [other month] and will contact you closer to that date to confirm an interview time", etc.

But yeah basically same thing - for statistics purposes it may differ as they might shortlist lets say 100 people, but maybe 5 will decline to interview for whatever reason as a random example (then the # would vary for internal statistics).
anony13
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by vasya_99)
Shortlisting means they email you I think saying they intend to email you - it might be a different email from the actual interview offer email. For example, I have seen other universities say things along the lines of "we want to interview you but have no spots until [other month] and will contact you closer to that date to confirm an interview time", etc.

But yeah basically same thing - for statistics purposes it may differ as they might shortlist lets say 100 people, but maybe 5 will decline to interview for whatever reason as a random example (then the # would vary for internal statistics).
That's fab. Thank you for clarifying!
Larapolat
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I really thought we'd hear back today for sure, since they said by the 7th :/
Poppyalicebond
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Same I’ve been checking my emails constantly, I thought it’d be today
Last edited by Poppyalicebond; 2 weeks ago
nyckelharpa
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Someone on the A100 thread posted about having received an interview invite today. I guess there’s just a huge load to plough through. Tomorrow it is!
Medswlon
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Someone on the A100 thread posted about having received an interview invite today. I guess there’s just a huge load to plough through. Tomorrow it is!
🤞
Good luck everyone. Let’s hope they hit their deadline of tomorrow!
vasya_99
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Medswlon)
🤞
Good luck everyone. Let’s hope they hit their deadline of tomorrow!
I am hoping it doesn't get delayed again, I'm so anxious to receive an email at this point with either an interview offer or rejection :crossedf:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (83)
21.12%
Note taking apps (8)
2.04%
Flashcards (89)
22.65%
Revision guides (21)
5.34%
Past papers (177)
45.04%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.82%

Watched Threads