University of Bristol A108 2022 Entry

Watch
IBkidinthecorner
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Haha12346)
Hey, firstly Bristol is genuinely such a nice city. I come from quite a busy city and love Bristol. Everything is relatively close to each other such as Cabot, temple meads etc. the only negative is there’s quite a steep hill heading up to my lecture building.
We’ve just done some placement at the BRI in December shadowing a 4th/5th year medic and they were so insightful in what we will be doing in later years
My lecturers are nice and you can ask them for anything if your stuck/need help with something
Some of my lectures are in person such as the bioscience ones and some PPD. All of chemistry ,bar the tutorials, were online but I believe they will be in person soon.
For your interview just revise for it as much as you can. So watch yt vids, look up common questions, watch practice interviews and do some yourself
Thank you sm! For the interview, do you just get 4 questions or do they ask follow up questions? How long is each answer supposed to be? Four questions in half an hour just seems so absurdly low to me
pHindicator123
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Haha12346)
Hey, firstly Bristol is genuinely such a nice city. I come from quite a busy city and love Bristol. Everything is relatively close to each other such as Cabot, temple meads etc. the only negative is there’s quite a steep hill heading up to my lecture building.
We’ve just done some placement at the BRI in December shadowing a 4th/5th year medic and they were so insightful in what we will be doing in later years
My lecturers are nice and you can ask them for anything if your stuck/need help with something
Some of my lectures are in person such as the bioscience ones and some PPD. All of chemistry ,bar the tutorials, were online but I believe they will be in person soon.
For your interview just revise for it as much as you can. So watch yt vids, look up common questions, watch practice interviews and do some yourself
Hello, are all the lectures recorded online and how many lectures would you say on average, per week are mandatory to attend in person.
pH092
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Does anybody know roughly how many interview places are offered each year? And roughly how many students are accepted? Thanks
sbezzle
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
In the 19/20 admissions cycle, there were 329 applications, 59 interviews and 45 offers
sbezzle
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Good luck everyone!!!
pHindicator123
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Who’s got an interview tmrw for Bristol
yippy-yikes
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by pHindicator123)
I have mine on Wednesday but I hope yours went well!
IBkidinthecorner
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by pHindicator123)
I don’t know if Bristol are running interviews tomorrow because I was only offered the 10th, 12th and 13th. My interview is on Wednesday
yippy-yikes
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by IBkidinthecorner)
I don’t know if Bristol are running interviews tomorrow because I was only offered the 10th, 12th and 13th. My interview is on Wednesday
I think they meant tomorrow as in the 10th, as the comment was made a day ago :emog:

Also good luck for your interview!
Last edited by yippy-yikes; 2 weeks ago
IBkidinthecorner
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by yippy-yikes)
I think they meant tomorrow as in the 10th, as the comment was made a day ago :emog:

Also good luck for your interview!
Omg lol 🤦*♀️
Also, not me not noticing that this is the A108 thread - I applied for A100
Thank you! Good luck for yours!
yippy-yikes
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by IBkidinthecorner)
Omg lol 🤦*♀️
Also, not me not noticing that this is the A108 thread - I applied for A100
Thank you! Good luck for yours!
Aha don't worry about it! Hope your interview went well if you've had it now!
yippy-yikes
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Also I just want to say on this thread that I've just had the interview and the interviewers are really sweet! Once you start answering the first question the time literally flies by so it's all coolio! (Hope it just calms some of your nerves down)
IBkidinthecorner
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by yippy-yikes)
Aha don't worry about it! Hope your interview went well if you've had it now!
Thank you! I’ve just had it! Not sure how it went tbh but I answered everything lol
pH092
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Guys, what are you UCAT scores?
r_khan15
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
When do you guys think we'll get responses back from the addmisions teams?
yippy-yikes
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by r_khan15)
When do you guys think we'll get responses back from the addmisions teams?
From the A108 thread last year, people were put on hold 10 months ago (seems near 11 though) so perhaps mid February?

Edit: people seemed to have been put on hold around 10th Feb - 24th Feb. I imagine offers may have started coming out after those dates

People also started getting offers after being put on hold (or not on hold) 10 months ago too, so that could be anywhere between mid-February to mid-March
Last edited by yippy-yikes; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (17)
6.94%
October 2021 (116)
47.35%
November 2021 (25)
10.2%
December 2021 (32)
13.06%
January 2021 (21)
8.57%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (26)
10.61%